View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 AM

"It's because she's a good girl, and you're definitely not good." Della walked beside him with her head high in the air. She was definitely insulted... but not enough to abandon him to a rival, even if the silly girl didn't seem to realize she was a rival.

Genna giggled as Rayner flamboyantly kissed her hand, although she couldn't hide a bit of a blush. She would definitely have someone to talk to the next time her parents sent her to a party. "Silver Street sounds good... wherever there's music. Will there be dancing? I want to dance!"

Genna gave another little spin, enjoying the freedom of a gown without corsets. Of course, she didn't wear corsets when she was singing or playing an instrument, but there were particular outfits for those activities, which restricted in other ways. Even the dance gowns she wore when she trained with the ballerinas were restrictive in their own way. Not that her parents would ever allow their daughter to dance on stage, but they agreed it was good for her to have exercise and stay in shape. This simple dress the maid had gotten her, though, was so easy to move in that even walking felt like dancing.

Raynar and Della walked far too slowly to suit Genna's enthusiasm, but rather than hurry them she expressed her happiness by tripping lightly across the cobblestones in a dance she invented as she went along. She noticed, to her fascination, that while the paving stones in the Bronze sector of the city were pale brown and square, the ones in Iron were rust-colored and vaguely triangular. It's too bad Mother will never let me have the windows open in the carriage... I'd like to know if the Gold sector is really paved with gold-- and what's on the streets nearest the Imperial palace!

Suddenly the cobbles underfoot were round, and a pale grey flecked with mica that caused the street to sparkle faintly. She looked up at her companions to call their attention to the change. "Oh, we must be almost there! Look how the streets are silver now! Isn't it lovely?"