View Single Post
Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 AM

FAQ

Can I Know My Codeword? Can I Know Who My Assassin Is??

No and No.
Don't even ask me!
True assassins will never be found, never be identified, never even been seen. Besides: If I told you, they'd kill me!

However: If an assassin slips up and somehow reveals themself to you, that is their own fault. They must not be very good at their job. :no:

I'm not going to post! That'll keep me alive! But is that allowed?

No.
In order to play this game, you must post consistently throughout the event and give your assassin a fighting chance. This means signing in and posting in our forums at least 5 times per day. If this is not possible or if you need to take a vacation, PM me.

If I find that you have been hiding in the corner and keeping your lips zipped, I will PM you one warning. If your activity does not improve, you will be scratched off the list. Your assassin will count it as a kill and they will receive your victim.
This is what we call a "suicide." Do not let it happen to you.

My victim isn't posting! Help!

PM me. Tell me the name of your victim, your codeword, and how long it has been since they last posted. I'll take care of it.

I found the word in my victim's blog! Can I use it?

Yes, you can!
If the word occurs in any of their posts, threads, wall posts or blog entries that were made since the beginning of the Halloween Event, then it counts towards the game. Screenshot it!

I found the word in my victim's PM to me! Can I use it?

Sorry, but no.
I do not have the power to check PMs. I would have to trust your word, but with the power of Photoshop I'm afraid that your honest face just isn't enough.

I found the word in a post from 6 months ago! Can I use it?

No, the word must have been posted within the time constraints of Menewsha's Halloween Event. If it was posted a minute before the Event was announced, then it does not count.

Ha, I tricked them into quoting a post that had the word in it! Does that count?

Sadly, I'm going to say no. Your victim did not actually utter the codeword, they simply quoted it. This does not count as a kill.

What Word Variations Count?

If you find the words in the plural form it still counts.
If the user has added only one extra letter (like an s or y), then it counts.
If the user has used it as a compound word (like the codeword is "rail" and they said "railroad"), then it does not count.
If the codeword is a noun and you find it as a verb or adjective, then it doesn't count. That's too much of a stretch.

None of the codewords are chat. They need to spell them out in order to be killed.
But here on Mene, I don't see this becoming a big problem. We support literacy in all our forums, especially during events.

I Can't Find My Victim! Who the Heck is This Person?

Go to your profile.

Take a look at the URL in the address bar: it will say something like http://www.menewsha.com/forum/members/27391.html

Change the end of the address, so that instead of saying /members/24237.html, it says /member.php?username=

After the equal sign, type in the name of your victim. That new URL will lead you to their profile.

That will bring you straight to their profile!

Last edited by Knerd; 10-30-2009 at 02:06 AM..