View Single Post
Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM

I really am unwilling to change my face/hair for an avatar. I used to change it all the time when I first got into making avatars, but then it became less important and I feel like it's a signature part of my avatars.

I would love to live on/near campus later on, but the whole point of living at home is to save as much money as possible for my study abroad in London, and it's much cheaper to spend $200-300 a month on the gas to commute to campus than it is to spend $500-900+ on an apartment/utilities/dorm/etc. The apartments around campus are SUPER expensive, even if you go a good ways away from campus and split the cost with a roommate.. And the cheapest parking permit (my current parking permit, which is a good mile from campus) is $240.

6 years seems like such a long time to me. I don't know if I could stay away from my family and friends for that long, but then again I can't wait to move out of Arizona after graduating to try something new, perhaps in New York or Boston; maybe Seattle. A change of scenery would be fantastic, and there are more job opportunities for my field in those locations than there are here in Phoenix. I need to consider if I want to go in to grad school right after I graduate, or try and find a job afterwards and get some experience before going back for grad school. Whatever you end up doing though is probably the right thing for you to do. And you're smart, you'll make the right decision.

PoI, ugh, 9/11. I try to stay away from that topic. It makes me so uncomfortable!

GoT, I've seen bits and pieces of the show from when my mom was watching it, so I feel like I could piece the images together from that and the IMDB page/trailers without actually having to watch the show first. But like I said, I need to find time to sit down and read before I can even think about starting a new series or show.

Oh, oh, oh! I just remembered, The Casual Vacancy comes out this week, and The Mark of Athena comes out next week! Two books I've been anticipating for a while now within a week of each other! I've got to remember to go to Barnes and Noble on Thursday to pick up TCV and on Tuesday for TMoA.