Li Mei
Accentuate
NPC

Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 AM

Suona

October 28, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
This is quite possibly one of the most frightening avatars I have ever seen! THAT FACE!! and here's me posting this just before I go to bed, if I have terrifying dreams about this beast...T_T

I like how this is a collection of the parts of multi creatures, too, not that I'd want to be close enough to be sure which part came from what beast, I'm sure they were all very bad temptered, and hungry!

Now I need to go away and look at pretty pictures on Tumblr or something, to try and ward off the nightmares.

Congrats Suona!

December 17, 2013

Quote:
Winning the new Admins' Pick for the 2nd time!

What a lovely festive pick from me, right?

Su's last win was creepy as hell too I love this though! The eyes... D: That combo is quite possibly the creepiest eyes ever. Plus there's the fact that the dress looks a lot like running blood...using the two lots of wings makes the avie look very intimidating, I think. They really frame it, and look very dramatic too.

The way the avie is looking upwards, and with them holding that staff, it's almost as if the staff is doing the seeing. The avatar itself looking almost like it's looking inwards, or maybe it's possessed by the staff, and lead into that place of desolation...

Yep, Su making yet another avie that could well be giving me nightmares! Good show!

April 12, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Awwww. How lucky are we to get this shot of an owl mom and her baby inside their tree? I wonder if this is the little one's first flight! And what a nice night for it too. The way Suona's created this scene is a good bit of resourcefulness! The usual rock borders make a nice naturally drilled away spot inside a tree. And it looks like they she picked a good one! Nice and high up and surrounded by plenty of other trees. I think owl baby's flight is going to be a smooth one.

Congats Suo! And hey! You're our first three-time winner! You know what that means? 3k gold! But not just that, nope. Three is the magic number to acquiring your very own style guru post! As it's the first one, there's a bit of technical things to work out, but when it's up, one of us will post it. But I was excited to tell you guys about this feature now that we've got our first contributor!

August 15, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
I'm getting a real Master of the Universe feel from this polished avatar. From a position of power deep within primordial space, she grasps her scepter and calls up the energy of the ether, starting from her toes. Grinning mischievously and looking on with omnipotent eyes, she commands the very spheres to dance and swirl for her pleasure and the continued march of existence!

There's a great sense of movement in this avatar which, combined with the repeated circular imagery, gives this avatar a fantastic presence and depth. The color pallette suggests and underlies the cosmic and the grandiose, coming together to create an avatar I shan't soon forget. Congratulations on your fourth star, Suona!

October 13, 2014

Quote:
Su is very good at monsters! She's provided us with a great selection over the years, and here's another to join the ranks! Dat face...xD I love it! Who could not love it?! Well, let's be fair, pretty much anyone who that axe/grin combo was heading towards with intent, particularly considering the trail of blood they're leaving behind...

Lovely clean axe though, good to see tool maintenance is being upheld, I'm sure their mother would be proud! Happy in their work as well, a nice feeling a job satisfaction, maybe? Nasty nick in the edge there though..reminds me of Lord of the Rings, for those who've read the book! What part an I thinking of here, hmm?

Congrats, Su!!

December 28, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
This is it, folks! The last Admin Pick of 2015! And how fitting is it that for this last AP, we have someone who is master of avatar making. And that paragon of pixel putting-together is... Suona!

Our avis have a relatively confined real estate. But in that limited space, Suona has created an arid fantasy world. Always skilled at layering and color combinations, she has made a very cool looking desert mage. You can just imagine her traveling that dry and barren land, working her magic. The teal and pale greens add a mystical quality when paired with the more subdued sandy colors. It's just a pretty killer avi all round. ;D

So congrats to you, Su, on your sixth win!

Have a Happy New Year, everybuddeh!

February 29, 2016

Quote:
Greetings, folks! February is at its close and today is Leap Year... Day! It is the day of leaping! But don't leap to conclusions! We're still here for some AP goodness. Now take a leap of faith and uh... help me milk this bit for all it's worth. Ehem... ... And my pick for the week is... Suona:

There are so many creative and finely crafted avis on Mene. And though I only gave Suona the AP win just two months ago, her newest avatar demanded my attention. Su has once again proven her mastery of layering by creating such a peaceful and bucolic scene. One can just imagine themselves there, in that overgrown country garden, enjoying the crisp dusk air and calming silence. I especially like how the pebbled road suggests a connecting path to the cottage in the back, and the cat lounging in the tree is so clever. Great work!

So congrats to Suona on her seventh star!

March 14th, 2017

Quote:
Greetings, children! How's it shakin'?! You all gettin' ready for St. Paddy's Day? Checking your closets for any green clothing? Searching for four leaf clovers? Setting out those leprechaun traps? Well I can tell you... Set all the traps you want! You'll never catch us! Mwhahahahaha! ... ...

And my AP for the week is...

Suona:

Like stated above, it's almost St. Patrick's Day. And St. Paddy's means green, and green is the color of spring, which it will soon be. So here I, Howdy, am, searching all over for an avatar that represents the season... and I find something that not only doesn't represent the season, but also isn't green. It's brown. Browns and oranges and rusts. It is the color of Autumn. Doesn't fit, right? But man oh man, once again Suona has proven her talents at avi making and put together something that I couldn't ignore. I like this. A lot. A scarecrow maiden, reveling in all things Autumn and Halloween. The layers are masterful, the colors so complimentary and the surrounding done so well. It's like she's at a harvest festival. It's so good. And all I can really say is that perhaps next Halloween, Su will make a St. Paddy's avi.

So congrats to Suona on what I believe is an unprecedented eighth star!

Last edited by Elirona; 05-30-2017 at 09:29 PM..