View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2018, 09:22 PM

Shayla offered a half smile as two others offered their assistance. She felt no need to offer her own assistance in words. With Braedek's eyes on her, she knew he expected it already. Probably, the whole town did. Not that she minded the expectation or the pressure it caused. Reaching the door, she paused for a second, not about to go outside without being fully prepared. Perhaps others might want to rush out, but she, like Braedek, felt more wariness than she had in a long while.

"Ready?" she murmured. "The disturbance is coming from...the town center, I believe. I will lead the way." And if needed, take responsibility for what happened. She didn't plan to take such control, but without thinking about it, she already took the lead. And why not? With sure hands, she pushed the doors open again, feeling the strangeness in the air in an instant. It left the hairs tingling along her arms and the trees singing around her. Danger, they called, but she ignored them.

"Good luck out there," Braedek called after her. "I'll keep the tavern safe." He held the door, waiting for all of them to exit before he could close it again.

Reaching for one of her dangers, Shayla glanced behind her to see the strangers who also volunteered. "My name is Shayla, by the way. I don't believe we've met."