View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 06-29-2011, 02:47 AM

"Wake up!"
Fenris glanced over to the captain. The dark-skinned man had been on deck for over an hour, and it was good to see his friend's face again. With a light-hearted expression that could have been concidered some kind of smile, Fenris looked back out to see.
"The storm passed without any damage to the ship, Captain." His gray eyes narrowed for a moment before he pushed himself away from the railing. Instead of showing the usual friendly manner that any other person might have shown a friend, Fenris nodded: it was his best way of saying he was still close friends with Marquet.
He let the wind whip his hair from his eyes as he sighed quietly, moving close enough to brush shoulders with his dear friend.
"I must admit, I haven't been on a ship in a long while. It will take me some time before I am able to sleep peacefully through the night."
His gaze flickered from the captain to the slender form that suddenly appeared at his side. Laiden was always like that: silent and he appeared out of nowhere.

-

Joseph got out of bed quietly. He'd awoken as the captain called for his crew, and slipped out as men yawned and started cursing the sea for its waves and rough passage. Grimacing as his own stomach churned, the youth slid out onto deck and shivered as the fresh air tugged at his loose black pants and white shirt. Though Laiden's thoughts were on Scarlett already, he knew better than to get them both in trouble. It would be best if he just stayed away from her.
In his unspeaking manner, he bumped Fenris' arm with his shoulder lightly to say goodmorning. Each of the males merely turned their attention elsewhere immediately afterward. It was their way.