View Single Post
sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 01-05-2015, 01:20 PM

Zenon didn't see how 'Beta 1' got shot, but he heard the noise and how the man groaned in pain, falling to the ground. He couldn't afford to turn around to look and, honestly, still felt too angry at the soldier, but he knew he'd be picked up by someone in the ships. They didn't leave their men behind. Besides, he was more preoccupied with what was in front of him. One of the women, although she clutched children to her the same as others did, had something defiant about her. The way she looked at them, especially at him, with a glare... She wasn't afraid. Not for herself, anyway.

He moved closer to her and yanked the cap off her head. Copper curls tumbled down to her shoulders and for split second, he was captivated - most women he had seen down here were dull and gray, often in every meaning of the word, but the fire in this one's eyes and hair was something new. But then it clicked and he felt anger swell in his chest. "You - you are the one from the video. Imhoff, yes? You must know where you hold your prisoner. Spill it and it will be save a lot of trouble, for everyone."

At this moment, another men of his team got shot, falling down with guttural sound. "It came from that building!" the remaining standing soldier spoke, pointing at one of the apartment buildings, before he knelt down to his comrade. In intercom, Zenon ordered team 2 to move out to said building, but to be careful in case Adelmar was there and to not use lethal force. God, he could bet that Beta's attack was what provoked that lone marksman in there. "Is she there, she and her captor?" he questioned the woman before him, his voice again audible to everyone.

Meanwhile, up in the building, Adelmar felt every fiber of her tensing up. Larger group of men were heading straight for here, Mannik had given them away by saving his 'mom' - it couldn't be that they were truly related, but the woman could understand that sometimes blood wasn't what made family. And although this knowledge made everything even harder and she could feel her legs shaking slightly, instead of obeying Mannik she moved closer and suddenly, tip of blade danced over the stitches and skin of his stomach. "No."

She stared at him white as sheet, but defiant. Even though her hands were trembling, her eyes were like steel. "They are coming and they will find me here, dead or alive. But know that if you kill me, you condemn your whole nation to complete eradication, but if I live, I will do everything in my power to stop the war from starting." Her chin stuck out slightly. "So, which will it be? Will you kill me in cold blood as you once threatened to or will you drop your gun and kick it away? I will do my best to make sure you're taken alive if you surrender. But if you try to make this a hostage situation, the first option will happen and you will end up dead even faster." To say that Adelmar wasn't afraid would be lies, but it didn't really matter if death came sooner or later, right? And if she didn't do something now, she would never get out of here alive.