View Single Post
Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 PM

Hans raised a brow when one of the inmates not only approached him but thanked him too. Was it that out of the norm to step in and save life? The kid was just a kid. Why punish someone so young. He had room to grow and for all Hans knew, he could have become a real help. Dismissing the man, Hans wandered back to his post. It was beginning to dawn on him that maybe he needed to keep his distance from this people. Who was to say they wouldn't betray him and take him down where he stood. He showed a sign of weakness, a sign of compassion. Frowning, Hans just couldn't shake the feeling that perhaps what he did was wrong. But, morally speaking, it felt right.

"I'm conflicted," he confessed to his friend. "I see that I was out of line but it just felt wrong."

A hand came to his back and gave him a good pat. "You're just too kind, that's all. But we all know that the kind get abused. So just watch your back out there. We can't trust these criminals. Who knows when they could turn on us and revolt."

"I suppose you're right. But still...." he looked across the way at Amir and the boy, "It feels wrong to beat, starve, and kill them. They would be far more effective if we kept them well groomed, full, and watered. They're like horses. If you abuse them, they can only do so much. Probably 50-percent of the work. If you give them the essentials and treat them with respect, you get 80-percent of the work from them. If you shower them with praise, love, and gifts, then you'll get 100-percent from them." He snickered. "Not that I'm saying criminals deserve praise. I just think we could all lighten up some and be less strict. Their work ethic might change and things might be less hard for all of us."

"Sometimes you talk too much," Alric murmured. "But you've always been wise. Perhaps you're right. Maybe things do need to change to yield higher quality results."

'tis fine. Even my post was lackluster. Not sure if you want to timeskip or what, but feel free to do what you gotta do :)