My Artifact Entry:

I call it: Primordium Flute

Artifact Name: Primordium Flute
Is this based on an art entry? Yes here
My Lore Entry:

From the Journal of Jane Thorn
Researcher

July 7th
I cannot believe it! Today while exploring this island we have crashed on I found an amazing artifact! The red, blue and green coloring, the peacock feathers, the worn holes. This is a Primordium Flute, also known as the Elemental Flute! There have only been pictures of it, never has such a rare artifact been found intact before! I even found the wore pieces of paper that contain the basics of songs! This is an amazing find!

For those who don't know, the Primordium Flute is an unique magical object created by the talented magicians of Gwydion long ago. The smooth, blue-green, glass like back of the Primordium and the peacock feathers are homage to the Merak the Peacock God who resides in Gwydion. This is proof that it originated from famous island of magic.

The blue, green and red on the front of Primordium are the three elements which the Priomodium can summon: water, plant and fire. This is what makes Primordium so miraculous and dangerous. By blowing into one of the three mouthpieces and playing songs, one can summon these elements. Fire will ignite, water will spring forth and plants will grow from barren ground. Needless to say we won't have to worry about food or water on this island with this magic flute.

The songs we have found with the Primodium give us the very basics of songs. The high pitches of the fire song, the rolling deep of the water song and the neutral winding plant song. The songs are simple enough that anyone with the smallest gifts of magic should be able to play, which is quite fortunate as many of the stranded Menewshans present possess this gift, even without any formal training.

Of course that being said, it should still be entrusted to our magic expert and former Gwydion resident Abel. There were records how powerful Primodium were. While the most basic of songs provided a method of food and warmth, there exist complex more songs, entire pages, that were very capable of destruction. From earthquakes, tsunamis and meteorites the more complex the song the more powerful the effect as long as the person had the magic for it. There was time in history where the Primodium Flute was used as a weapon and not as a means of survival which lead to the destruction of the remaining Primodium.

I must report this and turn the magic flute over to Abel. But perhaps if we survive getting off this island, he'll let me examine it more closely at a later time before the flute is destroyed.

Jane

Last edited by Seito; 07-13-2013 at 07:45 PM..