View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-18-2016, 11:11 AM

Luke heard the girls reply, his annoyance at his sister growing. He wanted to explain himself better, without hurting feelings, but a stern look from the teacher at the front of the room had him keeping his mouth shut and busy taking down notes. He cursed himself for being so bold, for feeling the need to right every wrong his sister did, fix every problem she created, instead of just ignoring it, letting it go away on its own. Clearly he had made the situation worse with his failed explanations... Perhaps he could fix this after class, but what could he say? No matter what his mind wanted him to say he always seemed to stumble and say something else.

His pen tapped the paper impatiently, he didn't really need to take notes, he had gone through this chapter in the textbook and knew how to do it already. Looking at his scribbled writing on the paper he got an idea. A note. Well, another note, a better one. Quickly he got to work, trying to organize his thoughts, what he wanted to say, but three scratched out sentences proved that writing an apology was not any easier. Starting with a fresh paper he began again.

'I'm sorry my sister sent you that note, she doesn't always think sometimes, despite having good intentions. It's not to say that it isn't true, I mean...'
Several lines of text were scratched out, rendered unreadable.
'It's just that I never asked her to send it... She really does mean for the best, she tries to be everyone's friend and it was her way of getting your attention, I suppose. Please don't hold it against her. I'm sorry I've made such an awkward mess of this, I don't posses the same self-confidence as my twin... Feel free to completely ignore me from this point on.'

Luke frowned down at the note, it wasn't all that much better than if he had tried to say it himself. He debating giving it to her, but he felt the need to explain and he was sure after this she would probably never even look his direction again, so what did it matter if he completely embarrassed himself? It wasn't the first time he did so at Leila's expense and he was sure it wouldn't be the last time. She made it a habit to make sure he pretty much lived in a constant state of fear and embarrassment. Sighing, he ripped the page from the book and folded it carefully, a stalling tactic mostly.

With a deep breath he grabbed the note and held it out, as discretely as he could, in Myriam's direction.