View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-18-2016, 04:26 PM

Leila clapped her hands, excited that the girl had agreed to let them sit with her, not that a no would have stopped her. Luke had finally caught up and she encouraged him to sit down, trying to nudge him to sit nearer her new friend, but he didn't and instead sat beside his sister. Leila didn't let this bother her and snatched one of the cookies off the tray, chewing far more loudly than she should. "So, what's your name?" She blurted out, having barely finished her bite of cookie. "I'm Leila, this is my brother Luke." She added well before the girl would even be able to answer.

When Luke said nothing, she elbowed him in the side. He groaned and glared at Leila, all the while she tried to subtly motion towards the girl across from them. Understanding hit him and he managed an awkward wave and a mumbled hello before returning to his meal, picking at the french fries. Oblivious to his discomfort, Leila hummed as she spread out her skirt around her, enjoying actually being outside for once. The sunlight made their pale grey skin seem almost translucent, a fact Leila wasn't too fond of, the darker veins standing out more than usual, it was at times like this their appearance seemed more unusual, and sadly for Leila, had ruined a few prospect with the boys.

Luke occasionally glanced up at the girl, intrigued by her very... different appearance. How had he not noticed her before? Obviously she looked quite different from many of the other girls at the school, but it wasn't bad. He found himself studying the tentacles, they were quite interested, he had even seen her open the note from his sister with them, something that had surprised him at first. He wondered what exactly she was... Though he wasn't as bold as Leila and would never dare to ask, at least not while they didn't even know her name. Yet he was sure, if Leila had set her sights on this girl being her newest friend, he would be seeing much more of her. If only because he needed to keep Lei out of trouble.