View Single Post
Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:42 AM

Leila was oblivious to the discomfort on both sides. "Myriam? Pretty." She mumbled to herself, sending a smug look to Luke, who probably thought that she would fail in making a new friend. Luke only shook his head and handed her one of the subs, reminded her she needed to eat. No matter how much they ate they could never gain, unless they never transformed. Shape-shifting took a lot of energy, too much to sustain themselves on a normal diet, not at the rate they tended to change, anyways. He was surprised Leila wasn't already bothering poor Myriam by changing into a cat and being all sorts of trouble.

He chewed his sub, listening to Myriam's mumbled response and then the following question. She didn't look all that happy they were here, she probably was like him and preferred a quiet lunch. Alone. Something Leila would never understand. His sister had stuffed her mouth, attempting to answer the questions through a bite of her sub, but Luke held up his hand. He was going to have to try to be polite, and hopefully soon his awkwardness would prove to his sister that she was better off making friends without him there to muck it all up. "Well, it is the last year for me..." He said with a nervous chuckle, then looked over at Leila. "She might be stuck another year if she doesn't stop skipping classes." All his sister did was pout in reply, knowing she had been caught.

"Well maybe if the classes were not so boring, I wouldn't skip them!" She all but cried, putting on a show worthy of Broadway. Luke ignored the outburst, instead turning to speak to Myriam, "Just ignore her, she is far too dramatic". Leila grinned from the side, his annoyance at her had distracted him from his nervousness, hopefully now he would actually be a little more open to conversation and perhaps more. For once, Leila sat back in silence, letting her both lead the conversation as she nibbled on fries.