Thread: Marked for Dead
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-17-2015, 03:55 AM

When Percy laughed it was with a dry humor, but still, a sort of humor. He'd heard reactions like that that it ceased to bother him. Perhaps because a part of his also wondered about that. How could he believe in something like that? Despite not wanting to get close to the other boy, but couldn't help but keep talking about him, even about such personal things. "Nah, I understand. You don't expect it out of me do you? No one does." He shook his head and closed his eyes. Very old memories came to him. "I asked my mum once how she knew God existed. She once told me it didn't matter if he did or not. What mattered was that people have something to cling to when alone. I didn't get what she meant until I was in the same place." He opened his eyes to stare up at the ceiling. "My cousin, he forgot that and found a new god." Guns, money, drugs, women. That was god.

Why was Percy saying this? Maybe because he didn't know Kallen and wouldn't ever get close to him. He was a stranger in the dark. Well...not so much in the dark now.