View Single Post
Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 AM

"I take medicine for it, but I forgot this morning," she said, nodding. "The migraines aren't caused by my powers, but they certainly aren't helped by my powers either. Imagine living in New York City. I love the place, but some days are definitely worse than others. Usually, it just sounds like white noise, like static, so it's not too bad if I keep from having too much contact with other people." To be honest, she was enjoying the attention. Living in near-isolation from mid-kindergarten on up wasn't necessarily the healthiest way to live after all. She had never really had anyone to ask her about her, or to vent to about anything until now.

"Yeah, that does sound like it'd be pretty expensive to do," she admitted, a little crestfallen. It took a good deal of effort to ignore the criticism of two of her heroes, but she focused on the fact that he probably could create similar inventions. She was almost fidgeting in her seat from the excitement of the possibility. "That's genius," she continued sincerely. "I would never have thought to do something like that, even if it would help my powers. I learned how to control my powers for... different reasons, which used different methods of course."

"Some people definitely come to mind," she thought, specifically bringing Ryu and a few other dark presences in the school to mind, though she didn't share them. His comment about her being kind and considerate made her squirm a bit in her seat, which drew the eye of the teacher. While she didn't mind helping people, she really didn't like being known for that, and preferred to keep it to herself. Not to mention that she hadn't done enough good to be considered kind.

"It depends. I can set up a shadow that only blocks your psychic presence so that it remains standing until I remove it," she said, shrugging a bit. "It won't hide you perfectly, but it doesn't require any constant energy. Blocking perfectly requires a bit of my energy, while making you effectively invisible would be quite taxing. I'll show you." Reaching out mentally into the outermost surface of his mind, she began to spread the shadow, giving him the mental image of her tying knots in a blanket so that it wouldn't fall down. "That's about all it is, really, but now no one will sense you unless you, myself, or they manage to untie the 'knots', which they can't see."

"Great," she replied, her voice sounding like a typical seven year old girl's. When he hadn't immediately responded, she had been a little worried, but it had been for nothing, which incidentally made her feel silly and happy at the same time. Weird. "Just give me a sec... there. Follow me," she continued, following the understanding of the layout of the school from an upperclassman across the school. After a few twists and turns, the mess hall was in sight, the skylights shining brilliantly in the afternoon sunshine. The smell of freshly cooked food permeated the air around, inviting them to enter the building quickly.

Last edited by Angelo; 02-05-2013 at 12:55 AM..