View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-20-2016, 05:50 AM

Samir groaned before lifting himself off the forest floor. Even if he fell a great height, something like that wouldn't kill him. He just felt sore and very moody afterward. Hearing footsteps rushing toward him, he looked up to see Dimitri, the earth elemental. "I'm fine he muttered. His glasses lay askew and he focused on setting them right before struggling to his feet. A quick pop of his back set things right again. "I came to inform you of some troubles, but it seems they got the best of me," he muttered with a sheepish look. "Can we discuss this somewhere more comfortable?" He'd managed to get his calm look back and nodded his head once, looking quite prim despite the dirt and rips in his clothes.

~~~~

The mountains grew steep past where the wind elemental called home, the jagged rocks blackened by smoke and volcanic deposits. Smoke kept the land well hidden. At the farthest depths of the elementals lairs, humans did not dare to go. Raw nature felt too powerful. Adara's domain doubled that feeling. No one would dare come here. It was boring to say the least, but it also suited her.

Adara lay on her stomach, staring into the depths of a dancing flame. With a flick of one dark nailed finger, she’d called the ember down and it ignited the tough grass along the slopes of her smoking volcano. Like any flame under her control, it only danced where she wanted and the fire never spread beyond a fist sized flicker. And that in itself brought a smile to her lips. Warm and magical, cackling like a song, the element never ceased to bring its guardian joy. The fire was hers and she its.

Just like that, the flame flickered out. It wasn't her will and she started, looking at the burnt grass in confusion. It was like a gust of wind dashed the flame away, but nothing stirred the grasses or the wisps of her hair that escaped its braid. Tilting her head, she rested her cheek in the palm of her hand. Well, wasn't that strange. Even if she didn't feel any wind, it was no doubt that overly proper bastard, Samir's fault. He didn't know a lick how to have fun. Maybe she aught to send him a little 'gift' in return.