View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM

Ryek shrugged slightly when she called him a lecher. He was a pirate, what more did she expect of him? Still he sat there, calm and carefully watching her. When she turned back towards him, all agreeable, his eyes narrowed just slightly. Had she really thought better of his 'fee' or was she merely trying to trick him? She was a feisty woman. Trickery was probably what she was playing at. Ryek just smiled as she came towards him. When she grabbed him and pressed her knife against him, he still smiled at her. His own hand drawing his pistol and pressing the muzzle just under her ribs. "Kill me, m'love, and you'll die as well. If not by my bullet, then by my crew. They'll toss you overboard after having their way with you." But Ryek replaced his pistol. "You wouldn't kill me though. You've not got the eyes of a killer. Even if you did, and managed to escape my crew, would you easily find another ship willing to take you to your treasure for only a small fee?" He shook his head and grabbed her wrist, pushing the blade into his flesh slowly. "No. Other pirates would have their way with you, kill you and take all the treasure. I was being kind, but now you've gone and spit on my kindness. Perhaps I should have my way with you, hand you over to my crew, then kill you and take all the treasure?" He grinned at her.

Gemma was wrong in her assumption that they were still docked. Ryek had ordered his first mate to round up the members of his crew that had gone off ship and as soon as all were accounted for, to raise anchor and sail away from Tortuga. They wouldn't go far, just far enough. Too far for her to swim back to shore but still within eyesight of Tortuga. Ryek gripped her wrist tightly for a moment and pushed her back. Pushing the knife from his flesh. A knock sounded on his door, and words spoken in loud French. They had just come within sight of another ship, one that seemed to be settling out of port the way Ryek intended with Devil's Dream. Really that wasn't unusual, many pirates would do that, and take the rowboats in to shore. Ryek called back in French and was answered with more French.

Ryek stood, bringing Gemma with him. A ship that was only spoken about in horror stories. A ship only the superstitious believed in. His crew members were sure they were glimpsing that ship now. Ryek wasn't afraid, and he didn't believe in most superstitions but he had seen things that couldn't be explained before. He pulled the knife from Gemma's grip and grabbed her arm hard. He dragged her out of his quarters. "Behave yourself, there's no where for you to run, wench." He let go of her wrist, and put her knife in the sheath for her. Probably stupid of him to give it back to her, but Ryek didn't really think she could or would kill him.

Ryek strode across the deck, to where his first mate stood with a spy glass. They spoke in French and Ryek took the glass. Holding it up to his eye and pointing it toward the ship. His crew was restless, nervous. They didn't like the way that ship looked and they were sure it was the one from the horror stories. Ryek seriously doubted it, but he handed the spyglass back to his first mate and issued orders. Only to ease his crew's spirits they would head out. Far away from that ship and Tortuga. He turned to look at Gemma.