View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-22-2017, 10:20 PM

Murky jumped when the other girl spoke to her. She hadn't noticed the girl fall into step with her, but after recovering from her shock, she straightened her back, trying to look stoic to some degree. Still, the words themselves surprised her. "Excuse me?" she asked with a tone of incredulity. She turned, placing one hand on her hip. She knew what she heard from the arbiter. "Are you trying to make me feel better? I already accepted that I would go on this quest alone. No army volunteered. All the warriors are fighting." She roved her eyes over the other girl, deciding that was exactly what she was. But she couldn't be of two high of a rank or she wouldn't be here.

Turning away again, Murky continued her way up the stairs. Above, she found a contingent of two young angels waiting--she couldn't tell their gender, just that their blonde hair looked like spun silk over the purest white wings. Acolytes. They obviously waited for her, but Murky hesitated, looking back at the other girl who seemed to have followed her. "Just what exactly are you offering when you didn't go in there and volunteer yourself? I was told I was the only one."