View Single Post
p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Becca shook her head with a smile, "I really don't know how you eat like that," she said. She noted in her mind at the fact that they were both wearing red plaid button-ups. Though they looked different, and were very different people, they were somehow so much alike. That's why they were best friends, Becca guessed.

Onyx was Becca's first friend in Farefield. They'd hit it off immediately. And even though some of Becca's so called "friends" had started steering clear of her after rumors of her being some kind of creature of the night started surfacing... Onyx had never abandoned her. Becca wasn't a creature of any kind. The deaths and disappearances weren't Becca's fault. Well, not directly anyway.

After a few moments Becca's face lit up. "Oh Onyx!" she exclaimed. "I found this at that nicknack store on the corner," she started, as she pulled a book from her over the shoulder purse. "It was hidden in the back on a shelf under some trinkets," she added, handing it to Onyx. "The store owner said she's had it for years, that it never sold so she just used it as a sort of shelf."

Becca bit off some bacon. "She said it's a spell book or something, some old witches diary." Becca giggled. "I know it's silly, but I thought it may be good inspiration for your book. If nothing else we can try some spells and see what happens!" She laughed again. "Anyway, I thought it looked really neat." She finished her bacon.

The inside of the book had readable areas, and some not so easily readable. Maybe in some kind of old witchy language or something. There were even strange symbols inside. Becca had only flipped through it for a moment. Whoever had made the book had done a really good job making it look real anyway.