View Single Post
DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing on my neck!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:12 AM

The Pirates in LOVE Avatar Contest!
Ahoy MATIES! Even the scariest of pirates have they love something, deep down in their dark little marauding hearts. They just don't want US to know about it! SO in this contest, we are airing our pirates dirty laundry, so to speak. We want to know; what does your pirate love and why?

CONTEST RULES:
1. Your avatar must be of a PIRATE.
2. Your avatar must depict something your Pirate LOVES but does not want the world knowing about.
3. You MAY NOT use the pirate based CIs "Shiver me Timbers!" or "Pirate's Booty"
4. I want a description of what it is your pirate loves and why or how they hide it. Your description must be at least 3 sentences in length.

YOUR CONTEST ENTRY WILL BE JUDGED ON BOTH THE AVATAR, THE CREATIVITY (AND/OR FUNNY), AND YOUR WRITTEN SECTION.
The more creative and funny you are, the better.

My Pirate is in LOVE!
Username:
Image of My Entry:
What my pirate LOVES/how they hide it!:

Quote:
[size=4][color=gray][b]My Pirate is in LOVE![/b][/color][/size]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[B]What my pirate LOVES/how they hide it!:[/B]
Entries:

Username: Antagonist
Image of My Entry:
The sun was setting. Aboard the Lusty Barbarian, the Captain yelled at his crew. "Wind's a-coming! Get yer filthy bodies up off the deck and get ter work, ya scallawags!" He yelled menacingly, his crew hurrying about to obey his orders. Within the hour, the deck was scrubbed clean and the ship heading west towards the docks of a nearby pirate town for stock up and the night. As they reached the port, he made a quick decision. "Alright you worthless lumps! It's been two months since we've been at a port, and cuz Imma awesome captain, you guys have earned yerselves the night off; go party, get drunk, and have lots of women!" He declared. His pirates cheered and roared their approval before stampeding off the ship.
After waiting five minutes to make sure the last of the stragglers have gone, the Captain looked around, making sure no one was following him and that the two unfortunates who got the short straw were doing their rounds of patrol on the other side of the ship, before going over to his favorite spot on the deck and lit a candle.
His eyes never staying still for long in scanning the area, he continued to make sure there were no witnesses before easing the tattered book out from a hidden pocket inside his coat, and flipping to a dog-eared page.
"Amber battered her long eyelashes at Maxwell. Her luscious body curving at all the right places, making his heart race. "Amber..." He began, his voice hoarse from either disuse or lust, "Shh," The woman whispered, putting a finger to his lips and making all his nerves tingle, "Don't say a word Max. I have been longing for this day since-""
"Hey Cap'n!"
There was a loud curse, a frantic moment of rustling pages, and the sound of a book slamming before the Captain's head reappeared around the deck for the pirate to see him. "Cap'n, watcha doin'? 'S been three hours and we wanna call it a day and go join the other guys."
The Captain's face appeared thunderous as he stalked out and faced the poor man, who shrank back at the expression.
"How many times 've I told ya coalheads not to disturb me at night?! You got patrol, and yer not gettin' offa it!" He snarled.
Wondering what got his captain in such a rage the pirate shrank back some more and glanced at the enraged man fearfully. Then he saw the bulge.
"Sorry Cap'n! Didn't mean ta disturb ya while yer...eh, busy!"
The man squeaked and disappeared back inside the ship.
Now it was the Captain who was slightly confused with his man's reaction. Sure he had been furious at having his reading time disturbed again, but what was-
Oh.
Oh.
The Captain facepalmed as he walked back to his reading spot and pulled his book out from where he had hastily crammed down into down the front of his pants and sighed.
The sacrifices he made, he grumbled, thanks to these disgustingly sappy and corny love novels that he was somehow addicted to, and went back to reading.

Username: Pa-pancake
Image of My Entry:

I guess it is safe to say that Pan does not hide what she loves from Mene!

Pan can however, explain the reason to why she hides it from all her shipmates! Arrrr...

Pan has been secretly training an army of killer bunnies! But wait, they aren't regular huggable bunnies... Do not be fooled by their exterior of pink nodded and fluffy tails, these are bunnies from SPARTA!!!

Yes, an army of 300 bunnies... to overthrow her captain. Who needs a captain and a crew with bunnies to help you plunder the 7 seas?

A fight between a pirate and a bunny? The winner??? Undoubtedly, the Spartan trained bunny! These bunnies take no prisoners! They will fight to the death if they had to!

So yes, Pan has to hide them...She cannot be discovered... her army must remain under wraps until the time is right...

Oh, and Pan forgot to mention that she had to dress up like a bunny to trick the smaller bunnies into thinking that she is their huger stronger leader! When Pan is just as weak as any other normal pirate... XD

Username:Nephila
Image of My Entry:

How could something so humiliating to his parents, be so good it was considered bad. "I want to be pretty like you mommy!" The horror of his father face when he was caught playing in his mothers wardrobe haunts him till this day. It, in fact is what lead him to his life of villainy and Piracy. Buried deep on an undisclosed island is a box filled to the brim with women's clothing. None of his fellow pirates know his secret. He's quite the lady charmer. But he's afriad what his fellows would do if they found out he loves woman AND their clothing.

Username: Damia Flagg
Image of My Entry:

Oh how I love the smell of fresh flowers & fruits & vegetables. Nothing is better than playing in the dirt. I could just spend my entire life tilling soil, planting seeds, watering & fertilizing crops. Then enjoy watching my work grow & mature until it was ready to be harvested. Making wine & jelly, canning fruits & vegetables, oh that is the perfect life for me.

How did I end up on a ship where I have to hide my love? I have to sneak into the galley while the crew sleeps just to satisfy my urges for canning. To fulfill my desire of making wine I hide my supplies with the navigation maps. No one goes near that place since the Captain keelhauled the last navigator.

When I did get caught gently caressing a fresh picked lemon from the sack full of assorted citrus I was carrying along with a small tree I claimed I had just got it to keep the crew from getting scurvy. While this was partially true, it wasn't my real intention, but allowed me to keep the lovely tree & its still on board ship.

When we need supplies I always volunteer to get them just so I can see fresh vegetables. I love when we stop on an island to restock. It gives me the opportunity to run my hands though all that beautiful rich soil. The smell is almost intoxicating...

Wait a minute. Speaking of getting intoxicated maybe my wine making skills need some improvements. I have been sneaking my finished wine into the rum barrels. Yet the men haven't noticed a difference between my wine & that watered down grog.

Username: neller
Image of My Entry:

Oh yes, oh yes, let me tell you a tale,
About a pirating girl named Abigail.
Now, you see, Abigail wasn’t easy for foolin’,
And there’s hardly a thing she hasn’t stolen.
She currently lives in a nice threshold,
Where she stole a leprechaun’s gold.
Ah yes, Abigail was darling brute,
And she dearly loved her piles of loot.
Though, this girl wanted every last thing.
There was only one that kept her searching.
And this was Abigail’s greatest weakness,
T’was her unfulfilled taste for all of the sweetness.
She had piles of sugar, mounds of ice cream,
And a tower of candies with a slight lean.
Her reserve of sweets had her overjoyed,
Though she became a bit paranoid.
Abigail worked hard to plunder these treats,
But she wasn’t the only pirate who liked their sweets.
So she hid her desserts, a gathering so grand,
And stowed away to the tiniest island,
In the deepest of the oceans, clear and blue,
Leaving no candy, none for me or for you.

Username:Velvet
Image of My Entry:

Dear Diary,

Arrgh, matey. Do I have a secret? Aye, but none of me ship mates know 'bout it. Ye see, I have the repetition of a great an' powerful captain. Tis true. I have lead me men inta battle many of times an' we are always victorious. Meself an' tha crew always sail off with so much booty. Aye, indeed amazin'. So, now that ye understan' me and how me name spread fear in hearts an' all, I guess ye be wonderin' what it is I hide?

I am secretly soft hearted, I am. Ye see, I adore animals. All of them. Big ins, small li'l critters' every one of em. An' there be this island I like to sail the crew to. They be thinking it is all because the rum is so good and bountiful there. Aye, I like me drink, but the real reason I go there is for my secret animal zoo. Well, it kinda is me zoo in a way. I have birds, llamas, penguins, pandas, polar bears, lizards, foxes... ye name it. An' they all be so wonderful. I have hired private caretakers for them all when I be away. But even though my heart is with the sea, it does ache to be with me animals all the time.

'Ow do I keep it a secret, ye be wondering? Why, I tell no one. Ever, matey. Plus, me secret zoo is completely hidden behind strong bamboo walls in the middle of a jungle surrounded by a vast swamp full of hungry crocodiles... My crocs, actually. What can me say? I love em all. There are very few ways to get through tha mazes of danger and in to my animal sanctuary and no one but me knows them. The caretakers live there year round, but when I come back for a bit I send them all on a vacation paid by meself. It helps them ta keep their blimey mouth shuts.

But as I said, I'll never tell anyone, matey. Tis why I am writing this in my diary. Aye, a pirate with a diary. I hide it in my booty to prevent others from discovering it. They all know the penalty for coming into my corridors.

Signed,
Captain of the Meneship, Velvet

Username: Saravi Boo
Image of My Entry:
What my pirate LOVES/how they hide it!: Dreaded Nobeard is the most feared air pirate to ever sail the endless skies. It isn't easy being a female pirate captain. It takes years of ruthless pillaging and destruction to build such a fearsome reputation. The sight of her steam-powered airship breaking through a cloud bank is enough to cause many a brave airman to shake in terror. Thankfully, being captain does come with certain perks, most notably her luxurious, custom built, private quarters and the pair of mahogany lined closets she insisted be included. She only needs one for clothes and the other is locked up tight. Her crew thinks she uses it to store the best treasure, if they only knew what she thought of as real treasure. How quickly would that fear turned to laughter if they knew her deepest love...for PLUSHIES!! She just can't resist their adorable super deformed squishiness. ^_^'

Username: blueblackrose
Image of My Entry:
What my pirate LOVES/how they hide it!: First mate Tibs at your serves. As the first mate it’s my job to help maintain order on the ship which is a very serious job. It doesn’t allow me to be what I really want and love. I hide my true self behind a mask of anger so my fellow pirate’s won’t find out. I love to joke, pull pranks and make people laugh. I want to be a clown pirate, to entertain my fellow crew members and give them something to laugh at when we have been out to sea for months with no signs of landing. When we land somewhere and I have the chance I go out to practice my clown routine with my pet chicken, Henrietta, and crab, Marco. My favorite act is to set off small fireworks so they glitter around me while I juggle bombs. One of these days I’m sure that I’ll come out of the closet and really knock them dead with my performance.

Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:
What my pirate LOVES/how they hide it!: Thea was a badass through and through. The most feared female pirate to ever sail the seven seas! She could climb a mast and tie a mooring line faster than any man who ever lived, and she'd be DAMNED if she'd be underestimated just because she was a woman! But Thea had a secret...a secret that would destroy her reputation utterly if it was ever discovered. Thea...loved to bake. Cakes, pies, cupcakes, bread, cookies, it didn't matter! She loved them all. She loved the smell of baking bread, the hot steam as it curled around her body, the feel of flower on her hands...it was heaven. But her little piece of heaven had to be hidden in a derelict old shack on a secluded beach where no one bothered her on pain of death and dismemberment; but how long can heaven remain hidden?

Username: Dessertdesiert
Image of My Entry:
I work hard everyday on the decks of the boat. Nobody thought I would be able to last since it's "unlucky" to have a women on board, but i proved them wrong. However what I love is candy! I have a stockpile in a secret compartment of my desk and eat it every morning while other pirates are sleeping off their hang over. I don't know how to function without it. The other men on my ship just say that I am happy to have them around, that is not true. I am always happy when I have a candy stick in the morning or taffy in the afternoon. When we go on shore to party hardy I say I am going to collect "taxes" and go to the local ice cream parlor and get myself something sweet. They have yet to catch on to me and I doubt they ever will. I am a Pirate and I love my sweets too.

Username: Seito
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
"What do you think, Mr. Quackles McDuck?" Captain Slashin' Louis Hawkins asked his rubber ducky friend. "Me Shakespeare be gettin' much better. Hamlet be a fine play!"

Quackles McDuck squeaked in reply.

"I be glad you agree," Hawkins said proudly. "However we must not tell t' rest o' t' crew o' our little secret. T' men will think I'm goin' soft. Or worse, that I'm turnin' into an Englishman." He spat out word Englishman like it was a filthy insult. Hawkins would go down swinging like a mad man on his sinking ship before he became a proper and law abiding Englishman.

Quackles McDuck squeaked again.

What? I be not hidin' you from t' rest o' t' crew! You be an excellent pirate." Hawkins petted Quackles McDuck on the head. Well no. Mr. Quackles McDuck was not a good pirate and Hawkins didn't have the heart to tell his best friend that. The seas were rough! His crew was the meanest and baddest in the seven seas. No! There was no place for his precious rubber ducky. Not to mention his men would surely steal poor Mr. Quackles McDuck away. The lot would get envious, jealous with rage! Hawkins would keep his best friend safe!

"Enough. We now practice t' famous Romeo and Juliet. You will be Juliet. I will play Romeo."

Quote:
But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Username: Risque
Image of My Entry:
What my pirate LOVES/how they hide it!: Rahr, gragh grabhg raghbagrar! Mrah bha grah nahs, gar brah zar nob, "grar", gruh nrhs. Gragh mar zar mrh. Rarghbragh zah grahnob~
Translation: I.. really love eating people! I don't really try to hide it all that much, I mean when people come up to me and ask if I am alright I will just reply with a quick, "grar", and no one's really noticed as of yet. A nibble here and there and most people think that I am just playing rough. Works out for me I guess~

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 02-24-2013 at 05:38 PM..