View Single Post
Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 AM

So I realised I havent updated this recently, things have been quite busy for me over the last couple of weeks.

I've been trying to get a new job, and it seems that the employment company that are supposed to be getting it all happening just cant seem to pull their finger out and get it done! I've inside knowledge and know that I've unofficially got the job, but this employment company just hasnt made the official offer yet! Its frustrating seeing how incompetent they seem after all the shenanigans of trying to get in touch with them for various things. So, there have been several trips out of town to get this happening.

In other news, a couple of weeks back, I took my new ute on its first road trip down the coast to a place about 5hrs away. All up, there was about 1400kms of driving done over 4 days. Drove through some absolutely beautiful bush and forest land and some really fun roads and cool places. Definitely want to drive some of that again.

My UHF radios also paid for themselves. Putting it on the truck channel was pretty damned helpful because I'd hear where the various police were along the highways etc. Saved me plenty in potential fines etc!

While we were down the coast, we went to a fair in a nearby town. At the fair, I found a duckshoot gallery, with the moving metal duck targets you have to hit with air rifle shots. This set up was 4 shots, 4 hits got you a prize. You paid money to get different prize tiers. I had 3 attempts at this and walked away with three prizes. Guess I still got it! Got the GF and her mother the big stuffed animal prizes, and also got the little car toy thing too from the first attempt. We went back on the way out and got another one so we could have races in the motel when we got home!