View Single Post
Mizayo
The Embodiment of Geekiness

Old 10-22-2009, 01:16 PM

2. I’m A what?

I woke up in my room. I was wondering where I was and what the HECK had happened to me. I didn’t fully recover until I saw three heads over my own. They looked nervous. It was my mother, Grace, and Jake. Grace and Jake must’ve found out when they got home and rushed over here. What good friends!
Then I remembered what had happened earlier. Someone BIT my neck!
I reached up to feel for wounds on my neck, but nothing was there.
“What’s wrong? Does your neck hurt, sweet pea?” My mother asked worriedly.
“I’m fine, Mom. Just feeling for the—for the . . .” I struggled to figure out if I should tell them what had really happened.
-They think I just passed out on the street for no freaking reason?- I thought to myself. –But, if I tell them, they’ll think I’m crazy. Poop.-
“For the what, honey?” My mother asked. I could tell that she was trying to sound as normal as possible, and failing.
“Oh, nothing. It’s not important. Just forget it.”
“Uh, yeah it is important, tell us!” She began to look frightened again.
“Mom, trust me. It’s not important at all.” I made a smile to show her not to worry anything about it. Even though it was the most important thing that’s ever happened in my life!
“Oh, fine. We’ll be down the stairs if you need us, ‘kay?” I nodded. “Get some sleep. You need it.” Mom smiled.
“Hey, Mom?”
“Yes dear?”
“Can I have something to drink? Something warm, please. My throat is really dry for some reason.”
“Sure. I’ll be right back with something.” Mother smiled again as she closed the door behind Grace and Jake.
-Why am I so thirsty?-
I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, through the hallway, and coming into my bedroom.
But it was too early for Mom to be coming in here with a glass. She had just walked out not five seconds ago. Huh. It’s probably Jake or Grace coming to visit. But, Mom had told them specifically not to come up.
The door opened and sure enough, it wasn’t Mom. But it wasn’t Grace or Jake either. It was a very handsome young man about my own age (17).
“Come on. We have to leave now.” The stranger said. I stayed, not knowing what to do or say. Then I saw his face, and knew he meant business. And that he was a friend, and could be trusted. I knew because I could see his aura--Cool, I got a new power! But how?—Then I saw his eyes. The color of blood. The deep and dark red of his eyes made me flinch, then come closer to him.
He knew what made me flinch, and he
looked hurt, but yet somehow used to the reaction.
“We have to leave, now! They’ll be here in only a couple of minutes!” He grabbed me by my wrist, pulled me out of my bed, and jumped out the window.
I didn’t know who ‘they’ were, but I
knew they weren’t good.
And if I knew what that boy was to me,
I would have kissed him right on the spot.

--- --- ---

We ran for a bit. We didn’t talk or even
make eye contact. He kept a good, firm grip
on my wrist, but that was it.
He finally stopped at an old broken
down building at the corner of Rosaline Ave.
and Birchbark Street.
“Do you have any drinks? My throat is
killing me.” I asked, desperate for something
warm and soothing.
“Oh, I know exactly what you need.” He said, grabbing a knife.
Now I didn’t feel so nice around him,
but his aura was still good and clear. And auras never lie.
He didn’t cut me, he cut himself on his wrist. His hand wrapped around the back of my head and he pushed me forward, making my face over the cut on his wrist. Blood was oozing from the cut.
“Drink” Is all he said.
When I refused, he pushed my head
against the cut, my mouth open wide. I
started to feel blood trickling into my mouth
slowly, but it didn’t taste bad, like I thought it
would. Actually, it tasted pretty good, not
like when you’re sucking blood and spitting
it out of a cut or scrape.
I took about two or three gulps and
leaned back.
“You feel any better? More stronger?”
He asked, looking more normal than he did
before. Of course, not including the eyes.
“Yeah, even better than before the
incident .” I replied. “Why did I just drink
your blood and you acted as if it were
nothing? Is it some sort of old ritual?”
“No. It’s pretty normal for me, and soon
will be for you.” He said with a somehow
serious and savage smile. He wasn’t joking.
“And why, may I ask you?”
“’Cause we’re vampires.” He said. And
this time he smiled, it showed fangs growing
and sharpening themselves.
And that was just what I was afraid
he’d say. :O