View Single Post
Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 04-06-2016, 10:46 PM

My main go-to for cramps is ibuprophen. I'm pretty lucky with my menstrual symptoms though. Typically, I get mood swings the day before the bleeding starts, light to medium cramps on the first day, and 4-5 days of blood overall. These symptoms got more intense when I got my IUD, but even so, I'm still getting off pretty easy compared to some women. Although, the mood swings I get are nothing to joke about; I struggle with depression off and on in general, and on a bad PMS day, sometimes it feels like I've been abruptly thrown back into the deep void of despair and everything is horrible and going wrong and maybe I should just give up. Then the next day I feel fine and oh look, I'm bleeding. *headdesk*

Sometimes when I have cramps and I'm waiting for the ibupophen to kick in, I'll do some deep breathing, or put a hand on the pain and project soothing thoughts at my guts. I have a tendency to get way too cerebral and forget to take care of my physical parts; cramps are an unpleasant but useful way to reminding myself that I have flesh that needs nourishment.