Thread: Heart of Gems
View Single Post
Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2016, 12:43 AM

Once alone, Yasu admitted the thing that worried him so much that night. "I'm sorry. You flew all the way here for nothing. I didn't win this year. It's too late to even have dinner together." His hand clenched at his side, his face more open for a second than anyone ever saw it. Anyone but Azumi. She didn't miss the look at all. Shifting so that she stood in front of him, she took his face in both hands.

"Baka. Why are you sorry for that?" she asked, commanding all over again. A second later, her face softened. She leaned forward, letting her forehead rest against his. Lips curved in a smile an inch away from his. It wasn't a kiss, but it was their own secret gesture, the same affection without ever touching. "I don't need any award from you. I just need you."

Hesitantly, he smiled back. Resting one hand over hers, he leaned into the touch. "But everything I do is for you. Every design I make, every show. I competed like this so I could give you something."

She shook her head. "I'm sorry too. I know I stress you always being so far away. It's hard on both of us, but I still remember the man that stole my heart with designs sketched on the back of a napkin. Everything was a simple joy. And you know, I saw the same thing in that man today. Don't you remember what it was like to be young?" Yasu hummed in response. He did. This entire designing process for his most recent work, he struggled to find that again and maybe he just missed the most important thing. Azumi smiled at the look on his face. "Why don't you apologize to those two some time, kay? And next time...do win."

They didn't stay long at the party after that and much like Tristian and Ren, they left hand in hand with the warm starry sky opening above them like so many promises for the future.