View Single Post
heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 AM

[100.] Lost Somewhere in Time

Edeline could hear the ticks and tocks of the giant gears all around her. She felt the sudden rush of fear wash over her and she knew it. Gallagher was nowhere to be seen. "Gallagher?" she spoke aloud, turning about. There were only gears, clocks and mirrors in an endless maze as far as the eye could see. "Gallagher!" she cried, feeling the terror take control of her entire body. Only echoes of the turning gears answered her call.

She was lost. Gallagher had told her to stay close, but her own curiosity had led her astray, and now he was gone. Edeline was lost inside a world she could not comprehend. There was no way for her to find her way without his guidance, but her body began to move all on its own.

I'm lost, her mind repeated over and over. I should have stayed where I was so Gallagher could find me, she reasoned with herself, but the fear of being lost forever if he managed to get out without her kept her moving. I will be trapped here forever if I can't find my way. To be eternally lost here with the constant reminder of the passing of time as my only company... Tears formed in her eyes and began to blur her vision. "I have to do this myself," she said, wiping the tears away, trying to be brave.

What seemed like hours passed as she walked along, but every turn was the same. Everything looked exactly the same every which way. How could I ever leave, she thought, if I am in an endless dimensional loop! "I'll never find my way!" She shouted, the tears finally spilling down her cheeks. "Oh, Gallagher," she sobbed, "where are you?!" She sank to her knees and cried. Was she indeed lost in that maze forever?

Last edited by heartages; 12-14-2009 at 07:53 PM..