View Single Post
Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 10-23-2013, 07:07 AM

Marzio walked slowly, hoping that would help save Marisa's feet from blisters all that much more. Her question was a good one... how were they going to find the Gabrielli's house out of all of these? Turning onto one of the wider, finer roads he finally smiled and waved at another boy about his age. Softly, while the other boy approached he whispered for Marisa to stay quiet while he got the directions and then smiled brightly at the errand boy again.

"Excuse me... I was asked to direct this girl to the house of Lord Gabrielli, but I'm new to the area... could you point it out to me?"

The errand boy's eyes opened wide and he looked at Marisa shaking his head "No, no you don't want to go there. It's hunted. The building, the family... You shouldn't go!"

This was something Marzio hadn't counted on. His smile became strained and he gestured at the other houses "She was hired by Lord Gabrielli. The least she should do is to arrive and then politely refuse... She is a very good, God-fearing girl. I'm sure the good Lord Gabrielli would understand if she found herself unable to serve his house because of this condition..."

Gia's mouth opened and closed like a fish quickly, trying to muster some front even just a few words to combat the assault the cook had brought upon her but there was nothing. There would be nothing... and like it had several times before Gia's outbursts would come to nothing. Never-the-less she felt justified in being afraid. In a final act of defiance she muttered about not following Ovidio around and not intending to chase him... that the cook had her confused with less savory girls like Lorena who everyone had known once held a particular reputation in town.

Gia, at least, was smart enough to keep her trysts quiet... and in a house like the Gabrielli's that was difficult!