View Single Post
Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Penpal

Old 02-02-2015, 05:11 AM

"If you're to work here, you'd best not be afraid of hard work." Alfonso softened his stern words with a smile that did nothing to conceal the truth of his words. "We need another girl in the kitchen, and a boy to run errands and help in the stables. Beginning servants get shared rooms, three meals a day, four sets of clothing and ten florins a year. You'll have light duties on Holy Days, and one day off a month. If you do your best for us, we'll do the same for you. I also understand that the haunting might become too much for you... but if you work well for three months we'll give you a good reference, and even try to place you with another House. Any questions?"

Marisa's eyes widened, and she looked at Marzio. That's more than we'd ever dreamed... For once she didn't even wait for her brother to make the decision. "I think that the Blessed Virgin must have sent us here to you, sir. We will do our best to be worthy of such an opportunity."

*The average wage for a servant was between 15 and 20 florins a year. (Okay, actually my source said 7 ducats, but further research indicates ducats were roughly the same value as florins and florins were the more widely-accepted currency. u.u) And since sturdy well-made clothing was pretty valuable as well, and they're getting room and board, I reckon that's probably a good enough wage to tempt people to work in a haunted house.