View Single Post
Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 07-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Recently my new goal for my threads is a word count: 50k-69k, the average length of a young adult novel, those are the ones I typically read anyway xD.

So now, depending on home much my RP partner and I write, I aim for 10+ pages. That's my new goal, getting up to 10 pages! \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohyun View Post
Mine always seem to just die out. Be it the community hosting it dies out, my friendship with an rp partner ends, or just for whatever reason it dies. I've never gotten close to any sort of specific ending with an rp because they never managed to get very far. Sad, really.
I know what you mean. Recently, whenever life gets in the way, I try to tell my partners that I won't be replying, but I will eventually. It used to be whenever one of us wouldn't reply for a week or two, it was pretty much curtains for the RP soon after that. Though recently I've had some very dedicated partners, who keep RPing no matter how long the last reply was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime Delirium View Post
It's all about finding a good partner who you get along with stylistically and personally, I think. Also important that you're both consistent and dedicated. And having a ballin' plot with engaging characters that you feel highly invested in is also a good place to start.
I completely agree, after RPing with my boyfriend, whenever we get to a point in the RP where the post was really lacking some sort of drive to it, I just talk to him about it. He even talks to me when something in my post doesn't make sense. Now that we have an understanding that it's ok to talk to each other about the RP posts as well as the story line, I feel like our RP will go longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
I think mine usually die because I wander off and away. Around event time I get so busy I don't really do much other than event. And with my new job... geeze. I'm super sorry to anyone who was Rping with me. Maybe we can get back together and start fresh, give it another shot? Can you still love me?
I hope they will Longie! Recently, I've been trying to keep an open mind about how long it's been since me or my RP partner replied to an RP. I'm trying to just accept the length and keep going with the story, as long as when they reply we get back into the once every couple days routine again xD