View Single Post
Dreizehn
Void Walker

Old 09-16-2012, 03:00 AM

The good doctor with the title as 'Tinkerer' was one of the few people in the Pylae Army that Ana had always felt a certain sense of calm around. Yes the man was nervous with what was about to take place, which was understandable, but his feelings of slight unease did nothing to make her own strong resolve waiver even the slightest bit.

So when he pointed at her and gave her direction, she returned his smile with a small and genuine one of her own. As she sat down, she looked over to where Felton stood, "Where are we starting first? The last time I had my vitals checked it was a pretty quick procedure. I'm guessing this one will be a little more extensive?" She wanted to act as cooperatively as she possibly could to get the proverbial ball rolling. Her eyes went over to the table and the few trays that stood nearby. Implements were of course covered by the usual small surgical sheets found in any medical office. To no avail was she able to make out any of the tools that Palmer would be using on her for the experiment. Not that she had an issue with needles or anything.

It was just that she was curious, and excited with the anticipation of this all working. "It has to work. There is no way that it won't. Brilliant minds with proposed preposterous ideas are the ones that make the history books after all." She could not help thinking positively about Palmer's work as she again looked around the room at the various notes. This was the moment that she was trained for, and possibly even born for. Perhaps this was why she was abandoned by her parents. It was her fate to be part of such a breakthrough.

Those hazel green eyes of her's were alert as she listened and watched the exchanges between Chris and Palmer. It was then that she began to truly study the faces of the others. Were they nervous for her? Were they hoping for her to turn into a mutated failure? Not that their opinions really mattered ever or at this defining point.

Closing her eyes, she sat back in her chair and relaxed as best as she could in the small metal seat. She waited patiently as Palmer explained as best as he could what was to take place in the near future. Waiting for volunteers to say that they would train with her to test her new abilities, and for Felton to start with whatever vital checks that he needed to do.

"Poke me. Drain me. Cut me. Do whatever it is that needs to be done. I'm ready and wanting to start the new phase of my life." The thought was not verbalized, it was just her will manifesting itself as a silent prayer to do what needed to be done.