View Single Post
Paprika
Rika Crab

Old 04-19-2008, 08:24 PM

I'm Au Natural!
Name: Paprika
something about it: Here goes!
Hello my name is paprika! This is my outfit for Earth Day. Now you may be wondering why i chose to wear these items? Well i will tell you!
But first off i need to explain a little something about whats missing from my outfit. You see i have a lot of critter friends like foxxy here and...they all seemed to have taken a liking to different bits of my outfit. ::Sighs:: Originally my outfit was to look like this![] As you can see some things are most definitely missing...well barba seemed to have eaten my Headdress...i even managed to get that from someones wedding reception too! They were throwing out the decorations and i asked if i could have some and fasioned my headpiece out of it. Well i had to find some old horns and vines from someone doing some landscaping to get something new for my head! Now with the pretty little wings, Plucky my little Duckie seemed to think that he could fly with them if he strapped them on himself! Oh my i almost had a heart attack when i saw him jump off the shelf with those on! (But dont worry hes fine i managed to catch him) You see, those were made of old feathers i found on the ground and some clay from the river nearby my little home. Needless to say you cant fly with that! And it fell to little bits with the roughness of him strapping them on and then me catching him! My teddy...thats the part i miss the most, i had it since i was born! But foxxie here confused it with his chewtoy! @@;; he said sorry to me but i forgave him...all my little animal friends felt bad but its ok because i love them all so much <3!
On with the rest! The clover came from the same yard i got the leftover bits of vine from someone doing yard work, i just thought it was so pretty to just be laying there forgotten in a pile, poor thing is already falling apart. :( My necklace came from there too! They seemed to think that these pretty little flowers were WEEDS and WORTHLESS! Any plant is worth something! Even the smallest weed <3 (And these bees seem to think the flowers are nice too!)
My belt is borrowed from some bits i had in the shed, and the pants are actually hand-me-downs! (its why they're so baggy) But i dont need to buy new clothes when these work just fine! It would be a waste to just trash them and that doesnt help nature at all!
Last but not least, my shirt. This is one of the oldest pieces of clothing i own. I've had this shirt for so long and i've even patched it up once too! It covers me up like its supposed to and its warm enough for this nice springy weather.
Oh darn i almost forgot, my lack of shoes! Thats because i like to feel the springy grass, warm dirt and of course the mud! Underneath my feet (or between my toes ;) )

Anyways my outfit is more of a symbol of how you can recycle and reuse just about anything to make it work and help out nature at the same time! Thats all from me for now, and all my little critter friends saygoodbye as well. :)

See what i mean about Different? XD Sorry if thats too much to read @@;; but i had this idea in my head and i just HAD to do it XD;;