Thread: Psych help!
View Single Post
The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 03-15-2019, 04:10 PM

My first time through school I majored in Elementary Education and minored in Music.

Ever since my time in college, partially due to my personal 'lived experience', but also partially due to the company I kept (several friends of mine at the time were very interested in Clinical Psychology), I have always had a healthy interest and knowledge of psychology, to the extent that at times when I was in the hospital, fellow clients thought I was actually a doctor because of my knowledge base.

It is now safe to say that I am no longer struggling with, but am 'in recovery' from my mental/emotional health issues. A part of that is going back to school; oh how I have always loved school. I love learning. I love achieving. I also love being empowered to help others... whether it is how to effectively help children learn... or, now, how to help others with their own mental/emotional health struggles.

I'm going back to the local community college (the only thing I can afford at the moment) to get an AA-T in Psychology. I'm about 80% of the way towards degree completion.

This endeavor also serves to slowly up my stamina, and be able to prove, when it is time to apply for a Graduate Program, "look, I can totally do this school thing!"