Thread: SHORT STORIES!
View Single Post
Marron
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 02-18-2007, 02:43 AM

Okay! I'm going to write something off the top of my head, so excuse me if I'm not totally spot on with the awesomeness! <3

A soft sigh mingled in the warm dark the illusionist had created for himself. In reality, he was simply in his own bedroom and sitting on his bed with a blank expression on his face. With his abilities, though, he'd crafted a perfect, warm blanket of dark around him. He needed to think without distraction and without his mind wandering to other matters that didn't really need his attention.

In his emulated darkness, Jade let himself recline as his light violet eyes followed gray, cloud-like patterns in the "sky". Arisu was slowly cracking beneath the pressure of being a teacher at a school of magic.. The Boss was slowly moving too far into their space, which put all of the children in danger.. And Sapphire. It may have seemed selfish, but he would rather his Boss attack the children at the school instead of hurting his one and only Sapphire.

Slowly, the professor held up his hand lightly, with his fingers outstretched and palm up. A soft blue glow began to form, and it gradually took the form of a smooth, oval sapphire with the most brilliant star a natural sapphire could produce. Picking the stone out of his free hand, he held it up and looked over the unblemished perfection with a dim, but loving smile.

What could he do for Sapphire? What more could he possibly do to keep the other safe and ensure that his Boss wouldn't turn on the other professor? Sapphire was as innocent as they came.. But his mere association with Jade put him in danger, though that was the last thing Jade had ever wanted to do to his all too wonderful partner.

And what of Arisu? Jade gave another soft sigh as he let the sapphire in his hand disappear in to the nothingness it had come from and laced his fingers together to let them rest on his stomach. As he thought, the dark around him began to slowly take forms, changing into a more complete darkness.. But there were soft, shining stars everywhere and he even detailed the space with a warm little galaxy - complete with a sun and all.

Life felt like this little universe. Quiet and unsuspecting until the largest, most problematic of situations came up. It was only when everyone had problems did anyone ever start to wonder what they'd do to fix what they'd done, and by the time they figured out how to keep themselves and everyone else happy, it was always too late.

"......" With one last sigh, he watched as a large, imaginary meteor crashed into the planet he saw as the world they lived on. He could only wonder when the meteor would finally come crashing down on him, and if he'd be able to proudly say he did his best to protect the people he loved.