View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:02 PM

Hearing the chuckle rise from Akio drew Dorian's gaze away, seeking to regain his composure as he felt that wave of shyness settle down. His free hand gently rest on his chest as he took a deep breath, calming himself before daring to grant Akio his gaze again. Spotting the smile awaiting him there, his insides oozed a bit. Melting into the warm look upon the other's handsome face, a small smile again drew along his own lips. Then, seeing Akio biting his lip, it brightened just a tad. Whatever had nudged him into doing that, whatever his thoughts, it was quite adorable.

As his cheek was stroked, Dorian slightly leaned into the touch, savoring the warmth of the other's gentle hand as he looked down into his eyes pleasantly. Who knew such a human would create such comfort for him? Dorian was unsure of the last time he had relaxed this fully, even with the rather luxurious manor he claimed as his own. When was the last time he'd felt so at peace, so warm? It was foolish to him, considering the complex circumstances that he knew they had just made worse in times to come, but his sense of calm was not budging even as that crossed his mind.

For once, it appeared Akio had no questions. Raising a curious eyebrow, Dorian's head tilted slightly as he regarded him. "Nothing?" He questioned, as if in disbelief for the moment. They had just shared a kiss, Dorian had stopped what he assumed to be a tempt to slaughter him, admitted he had made the decision on his own to be the one interrogating him in court tomorrow... Yet, he didn't question him. Demons were all about questioning each other, prodding for hidden intentions and soft spots, Dorian especially with his curious nature. Yet, Akio stood here with no questions for him. Blinking in surprise as he instead spoke of his faith in him, in the future. Though he didn't say it, this blew Dorian out of the water. Akio... trusted him?

Akio, trusting a demon? The dark part of his thoughts curled around him, but before they could cause any mischief, the larger part batted them off and away. Warmth instead spread through him again. His fingers laced themselves with Akio's almost casually now, smile widening and brightening as the other neared for another kiss. Dorian was prepared for it, his own lips moving to meet Akio's in the warm gesture of assurance. His free hand moved to gently caress the back of the other's neck, fingers tracing the skin there just briefly before they parted. Even as they pulled away, however, his fingers remained laced around his. Gently pulling up their hands to rest on his chest, above his heart, above his seal, he spoke firmly now. There was a gentle determination in his eyes as he spoke as if in promise. "I will do what I am able to deter any harm to you."

Then, knowing that there were things to discuss despite the other's lack of questions, the warmth in him dwindled just a bit as he neared the darker topics ahead. "Even so, we should speak about tomorrow. I want you to be prepared." His eyebrows drew together slightly, a mix of that determination and worry dwindling there as his gaze intensified upon the other. He did not lose the sense of warmth his gaze shown on Akio, but it did accompany some mixed emotion now. "I want you to at least know what to expect, how to best manage this without serious harm..." His voice trailed a bit, both thoughtful and worried, despite his belief of Akio's strength. "I cannot hide you from it, for unfortunately even whisking you home would prove of no use, when you have already been taken once. It may delay the trial, but... then it would only be managed by a stricter individual - Byakuya, most likely - and the harm that could befall you then would be quite... distressing."

His jaw tightened a bit as he lifted their hands, placing a firm kiss upon the back of Akio's before allowing them to lower, still entwined. He spoke not on behalf of Akio, but rather, of himself, as he noted the distress. This was his belief in the other's words coming into play. Akio was strong, and he believed that he would continue to be so, but Dorian was unsure of how much harm he could allow to fall upon him without crumbling himself. He had already crumbled due to the pain of another... Clearing his throat a little, he then paused thoughtfully. "Let's speak in the study." He then suggested, noting the presence of a servant passing them by. Not all had insidious intent, but Dorian knew not all had the utmost loyalty to him.

Gently pulling Akio in the right direction down the hall, he lead him with a bit of a grin. He was still in a good mood, despite the subject he spoke on. At least, he was in as good of a mood as he could still manage. "Tell me, have you partook in any trials in Eternia? Do you know what those are like?" He questioned, half curious, but mostly wishing to know of his experience with such so as to know where to start in comparison or description. Dorian's thoughts brushed his own experience in human court, the jude sitting before him, the gavel slamming, cruelly sealing his fate... The hold he had on Akio's hand tightened for a moment, gently squeezing it, before loosening again. Now was not the time for just thoughts.