View Single Post
Tsunii
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-17-2013, 02:12 PM

First off, thank you Kirin. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Wire wrapping always looks like magic to me, especially when the stones are not covered on all sides. When they're just wrapped at the very top I can never figure out how they stay in place if not for some hidden dab of glue or something! I purchased a crystal necklace like that. There's no place where a bit of glue could be hidden and the wires don't seem to be extremely tight, so I have no clue why it doesn't just fall right out!

I do have some rose gold tone wiring, a matching chain, and a tiny little piece of rose quartz that my rock collection wouldn't miss too severely... Maybe that should be my next project.
It is quite possible that there is a hole drilled through the stone where they've put a bit of the wire through and then cover it up on the outside with more wires. Or it might be a small formation in the stone that is hard to notice that keeps the wires in place. Like I have a necklace with a rock crystal that is hold up only by a sting that I wired around it's top and tied really tight. The reason why it stays as it should is because of the formation of the crystal. Or the person who did the wrapping is simply just that brilliant at it.

As for making that your next project, I think you really should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Oooh. Sweden! That's fantastic. And very far away, yes. I'm in New England in the US. :D Connecticut to be exact.

Yes to everything Cherry just said. It's magic. I always assumed it's super sneaky and tricky because some stones look like they should be popping out, but they aren't. Crazy. I think I will give it a go. I don't have too much silver wire, but it's really nice non-tarnishing silver wire I picked up at a Gem and Mineral show once.

We've got a surprising number of shows in my area. One of the largest on the East Coast is just an hour away from me, and since my father has a tax number for his business, (and I go with him) we can get on the wholesale side too. So, good deals to be had.

Cherry, if you do a wire wrap, make sure to post it! I'd love to see it.
Fantastic and usually kind of cold and wet. Though this summer have been quite warm and dry... At least up until recently.
Connecticut, I know I've heard the name a lot of times but I can't for my life remember anything of it.

You're so lucky! I bet you also have at lest one steampunk convent not too far away too. We're gonna have Swedens first steampunk convent in october this year. Which reminds me that I really need to get my clothes that I'm gonna wear done soon. ^^''