View Single Post
Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 09-18-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunii View Post
Of course I'll post pictures of it when it's done. The funny thing is that I'm making a test sample of the skirt and a jacket that I'll have to it in another fabric. A quite nice fabric but not as fancy as the fabric the finished outfit will be made of. But if I do the test sample good enough and it fits, then I can use that too. So I might end up with two steampunk outfits that are similar, but one is for normal day wear and the other is for more fancy occasions.

Oh, if you manage to finish that fairy costume you'll have to post pictures of it.
I know that Simplicity sells some corset patterns, so maybe you could get one of theirs. Also, the skirt and jacket that I'm doing is from their patterns.
And I've never tried to make fairy wings. But when I do, I'm thinking of maybe trying to use plastic padding. I know my brother used it to make water in a landscape model, and it looked really nice.

[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]I want that jacket too. And the tenth doctor's coat too. But I have no idea were to get patterns for them.
Maybe you can get a friend who's good at sewing to make one for you?[/COLOR]
Yeah but I have zero money.