View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 12-17-2014, 01:43 AM

Lydia glanced to Setsutarou, her brown eyes full of thought. "I haven't heard of any darklings ... that is, Dark elementals recently." From her thoughts, it was ... well, a long time since she'd heard of one. In fact, Lydia had never seen another elemental. This was all overwhelming, though one couldn't see it from the look on her face. She was good at keeping her expression under control. "I would accept your offer of shelter if I needed it. Thank you."

The woman slowly lowered her hand, knowing that keeping it extended toward Malik would only anger him further. Lydia's quiet breath was the only alert that she was surprised - Gaia shifted forms seemingly into a tree. Lydia stepped closer to it, wondering if there were any unnatural qualities about the greenery. She loved learning about elementals. This was her chance to do it without being limited to dusty pages of old tomes and scrolls. Her hand lifted to inspect a few leaves carefully.

Malik, on the other hand, looked ready to either strike or laugh. It was incredibly difficult to tell which. His bronze eyes lingered on the tree, then he slowly grinned. The expression was dark, much darker than a human's mischievous smirk. "Mongrel." The Metal elemental repeated the word slowly, another ripple of silver chasing over his skin. "Surviving doesn't mean anything. It means trouble has avoided you, youngling." Honestly, Malik could sense that Gaia was older than him - he didn't admit it, but he knew.

The Metal elemental hardly restrained his desire to attack ... something. His bronze eyes closed as he trembled with the urge to strike out (namely at Lydia), and seemed to struggle with standing still.

Lydia's attention lingered on Malik for a few moments before she looked to Caden. The man was ... well, not human. Curiosity immediately tugged at her senses, but Lydia held her tongue. She accepted his offered hand lightly, appreciating how he'd stepped forward at the perceived threat from Malik. "Caden. Pleasure to meet you," she bowed her head, and offered a customary greeting - she gently reached up to rub her thumb over Caden's collarbone. "My name is Lydia Harper, partner to M-"

"Malik." The Metal elemental suddenly stood near Lydia, his gaze sizing Caden up. It didn't take long - he swiftly turned his gaze to his partner. "Not whatever she calls me."

"Mal is not known for his pleasantries."
Lydia smiled grimly, then withdrew her hands and glanced to the tree Gaia had left behind. "Nor his entrances." Her attention wandered slightly as Setsutarou mentioned the king, and she frowned slightly. She was cousin to the king and his twin. They'd been close growing up, and only recently had they been too busy for one another's company. Still ... all these supposed allies were springing up. That was ... very unexpected. Lydia felt a thrill chase through her. There were others. Others who could discuss the relationship between elemental and partner, and possibly give her more than Malik revealed.

Lydia smiled sightly, then brushed Caden's arm with her fingertips. It was a customary court "farewell" in the circles she'd learned from. She stepped closer to Setsu, offering a slight curtsy of greeting. "I daresay we all stand for the same cause. We wouldn't be seeking or bonding with elementals if we weren't." Her gaze took in Caden, Katarina, and Setsu slowly. "None of us support the king's decision to destroy the elementals, then?"

Malik snorted rudely, his attention wandering away from the conversation. He wasn't interested in peace. Bronze gaze shifted over their surroundings, and he fought to keep himself from causing turmoil. It was what he was bred to do: to fight, to create battle. Not here. Lydia would pull some foolish attempt at self-sacrifice if Malik acted up now. Mentally rolling his eyes, the Metal elemental let his gaze wander.