View Single Post
Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you know?"

Old 12-29-2014, 02:26 AM

Lydia followed the hunter, her gaze lingering on Katarina for a while before moving back to the two Light bonded. They were ... interesting. If they weren't following someone, she might have asked to inspect them. With an open smile toward them, she gestured for them to follow - wondering if they would listen, or even consider it. Light was good, wasn't it? If so, then their alliance would prove invaluable. They could be trusted. They could be relied upon.

The woman's bronze-tinted gaze darted to Malik when he snapped at Caden's leg, and she scowled as the canine loped off ahead of them. Stubborn, as always. Malik was so ... difficult. Her mind was dwelling on such when Caden's voice broke the silence. How long had she been bonded with the Metal elemental? "A couple months," she said honestly, looking for all the world like she would never tell a lie. "It hasn't been easy. I still don't know much about him, nor what I can do. It's all accidental." She frowned. "How about you? How long?"

She looked to Katarina as the woman transformed, smiling in appreciation. She loved animals. Seeing the leopard leap ahead, she tried not to worry about how Malik would handle the other elemental. Lydia knew full well that Malik hated others, especially elementals. As if his scene earlier hadn't proved that....

"What can you do? I read that there are shared abilities between an elemental and their bond."
-

Malik trot along quietly, his gaze still locked on the hunter. He felt instead of saw it when Katarina morphed into her feline form. He was snarling before she even reached him. "Must you pester me, woman?" His bronze eyes shot to the snow leopard, and he bore his fangs briefly. "I don't want your presence near me, iceling." The mental voice was intrusive, rough, and altogether grating - like metal on metal.

The dread wolf bound forward, keeping a few trees between himself and Katarina. He didn't address her again. Instead, Malik pointedly focused on the hunter they followed.