Thread: the lazy river
View Single Post
zyne
they/them

Old 01-15-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletSpamlet View Post
I think the shakiness is mostly an issue with your curved lines, like on the top of the hood. I can't really explain it too well, but here's a picture that shows the difference between a jagged and smooth curve:

The lines look better! For future reference just think of how the light source would affect your outline. It shouldn't blend into your main colors, but shouldn't be as harsh as regular line art as well.

And I really like that striped sweater. I think the shape of the avatar's left arm is a little wobbly, though.
ahh, thank you *-* that's a really helpful chart! visual representations tend to get things across really well haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by linapoo View Post
Oohh your stuff is nice! :D i like how painty it looks...!
though yah, I do agree that the lines need some fine tuning. You clearly understand how clothes work, but the lines need to be a bit more smoother. with lines, it helps to draw them one by one, rather than using free hand with a tablet. but then shading is easier with tablet than doing it one by one.........pixels tend to be hyper detailed and weird like that... XD
thanks!!
i'm actually using a mouse to do it one by one or.. 3 at once sometimes, x__x just not very experienced with this stuff (my lines are naturally pretty shaky unless i have a stabilizer amped up or something anyway haha,,)
thank you for the advice though, especially on the shading thing P:

---------- Post added 01-15-2015 at 12:21 AM ----------

oh, p.s. is your avatar clear from dmmd, lina? 0: