Thread: SHORT STORIES!
View Single Post
flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-03-2007, 10:45 PM

this is reallllyyyyyy old. but i don't know who else i can show it to @_@
its a story about pirates! there is a much bigger plot planned but who knows when i'll get around to it
charity belongs to ookahi and leroy belongs to her sister
zenzi belongs to me

Chapter 1

It indeed was a cold night, defiantly something that could give a full grown man the chills. Charity Anne Buckland rubbed the goose bumps away from her arm, why did they have to get a table right next to the window? The pub was of course, busy as it always was, the coldness of the night not affecting the happenings indoors. The building was old, and it surely appeared to be, rotting, creaking floor boards, brick walls that had been worn down and chipped, let alone the tables and chairs that could hardly balance anything but themselves. Despite it’s looks, this place was very law abiding, it wasn’t a place for ruffians of any sort, lest they be thrown out into the street to carry on their pilfering and sacking elsewhere. Cheeri had retreated to holding her foaming pint, not wanting to spill any of the precious liquid, she of course, was an alcoholic and did drink to the occasion (which it certainly was), yet she was not addicted to it at all and could control her thirst for it. Her Captain (who she sat directly across from) on the other hand, had a VERY small cup of rum, looking very pathetic to her huge pint (he didn’t want to risk breaking any rules in the pirate code by getting too drunk). They sat perfectly silent, not because they were weary, or were in of an quarrel of sorts, but they were listening or better yet, ease dropping on a group of authorities and bounty hunters that had been called by these so called authorities to associate this night . The pair of pirates, (yes, no denying it, they were indeed pirates, and proud of it) had been following this crowd for some time now. Leroy’s cobalt blue pupils drifted to what looked like a rolled up piece of parchment in the back of one of the mens’ pockets. His 1st mate Cheeri (short for Charity) noticed this and their eyes met, they both exchanged nods before Cheeri lightly, tilting her maroon, hat forward, the shadow concealing some of her face, the light pink feather that was nestled into it brim swayed slightly as she stood up and began to walk toward the group they had been tracking all night. The tapping of her footfalls could not be heard among the raucous of the men and women. She swiftly passed by the back of the men, and what seemed invisible but to the one who had done it, easily snatched the brown rolled up piece of paper, along with a small leather bag of coins without notice of anyone ( even her Captain). She walked up to the black counter top that was placed across one side of the pub and set a few coins of her newly acquired money down and the bartender smiled happily as he accepted the pay and she lightly grinned back in responce as she began to walk back toward her own table, she didn’t look as suspicious if she payed, this way showing that she simply wasn’t walking across the room for any reason what-so-ever. She sat down on her rather hard rickety chair and attempted to get comfortable (which was much harder than it seemed).
“Well leh’s see it then...” Leroy stated, pushing up his large mossy-green hat away from his eyes. Charity passed him the paper and he unrolled it, pinning it’s sides down onto the middle of the table with the tips of his fingers. Leaning over, his huge blue- feathered hat nearly casting a shadow over both of them. Also leaning in to get a better look, Cheeri gazed down at the torn, abused, ragged paper. On it was a black and white picture of a girl from the shoulders up. She had messy hair that was pulled back and a bandanna over the top of her head, along with a cloth patch over her right eye. On the sides of her head were placed a pair of strange furred ears, that had been pierced many a times before. Her clothes were not visible and she had a strange marking under the right eye that was hardly visible. The paper read;

Wanted dead or alive
‘Zenzi of the blade’
{picture placed here}
Reward: 645,708,984 shillings
Has been accused of piracy, murder, assassinations, thieving, disturbing the peace, impersonation of a captain of the military, attempted murder, mocking of the authority, highjacking ships..... {the list going on in very small print at the bottom.}

Cheeri’s peculiar red fox ears, tipped with white twitched beneath her hat and they both whistled in unison as they gazed down at the reward. They wanted...no, they NEEDED that money, they were both broke and never let the opportunity of snatching some unsuspecting civilians’ cash when they could escape them.
“Tha’s is a lot of loot Capt. I think we should give this a try,” Cheeri stated looking up at Leroy who nodded in response.
“Aye, we do, and plus I want a new hat, a bigger one if possible,” he said looking thoughtful, Cheeri looked at him with a flat expression and sighed, it was always new hats with this guy.
“Alrigh` I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ then...” she stated, the same dull expression on her face, she still didn’t see why or how this guy had become captain. Hearing the pub doors swing on their rusty hinges, they turned around finding the men beginning to take their leave, many of them pulling out some sort of weapon and talking to each other about how exciting this little outing would be. As before, the pair’s eyes met again and they both stood up and followed, knowing they could easily outrun these slow, idiotic land authorities, or how they would put it in their own words. Leroy noticed a big grin appearing on his partners face,
“You seem quite thrilled about this...” Leroy stated looking down at his first mate who broadly nodded happily. Not only did they not have money but they hadn’t gone after a bounty in some time, Cheeri was more looking forward to how much fun this was going to be, she needed a good thrill every once in a while, like any pirate.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

There foot steps echoed upon the tiles of the roof they were running across, far ahead the other men who had willingly gone after the bounty. Cheeri's skirt flapped behind her, her red, fox tail swaying as she swiftly jumped from one roof top to the next, her Captain, Leroy, not far behind, the younger seemed much more energetic, it was easy to see this bounty had motivated her. Leroy’s breathing was quick, his breaths coming out in misty, white clouds, every time his chest heaved. The cold air seemed to freeze their throats and lungs yet Cheeri’s breathing was the same but she didn’t seem as much affected. Cheeri would always be the better runner and Leroy would admit it too.
"Would you slow down already?! Bloody hell, we're pirates! Aren't we supposed to be laid back?!" Leroy called, trying to keep up.
"Do you want to get the money or not? Our` boat needs repairs and this is something we could really get a lot of loot on!" Cheeri called back, taking out her leather whip,
"if we don` hurry those fools will show us up!"
"Fine, fine," the captain agreed with a heavy sigh, or as much as he could manage in he heavy breaths. The crescent moon shown boldly against the cloud that tried to barricade it’s light. A loud agony filled yell cut through the darkness of the night. They both stopped in mid sprint, their feet skidding on the slick frozen shingles of the roof. Leroy saw Cheeri’s tail flick itself back and forth, her head turning in a few directions, he could here her nose taking in the cool air,
“That nose of yer’s pick up something?” Leroy asked curiously. Cheeri sniffed the air once more,
“Its` def`netly blood...” she stated. He nodded and they both started off again, following the sent of the freshly spilled blood.
"We shou` be righ` ontop of em any second now!!!” Cheeri shouted to the Captain
"Good!!" he called back, his hand gripping his hat tightly so it wouldn’t be blown away, plus he was getting tired of all this running. As his first mate stopped, so did he, she followed her gaze downward to the street below a dead body, surrounded by a pool of blood, undoubtably one of the men from the group from before. The pair leaped down from the roof and looked at him, both grimacing as they saw a deep ghastly cut across his throat. They forced their eyes away from the gory seen and then directed their attention down the lone alley way for them to follow, the mossy bricks on either side of them making it exceptionally eerie. The captain pulled out his pair of pistols and he and his first mate began walking down the ominous path. The sound of a rattling chain made them both looked up startled, this damn walk way was giving them the creeps. Cautiously, they both crept silently down the closed in walkway, it was a good thing neither of them wear clostrephobic, there were only 2 ways, going forward or backward, as could anything else that could possibly be here.

Cheeri felt her foot fall apon something long and almost jumped off of it so fast she nearly bumped into Leroy. Even the captain had almost jumped back as well because of Cheeri’s sudden movement. She bent down to examine what ever object she had stepped on after she had calmed down.
"What is it?" her partner asked.

Cheeri examined it, it looked like a large blade (which was covered in fresh blood) with a long handle, the blade was curved, long and reasonably thick. She picked it up and heard the same rattle of the chain on the cobblestones as she did so, finding that a chain (which was covered in thorn-like spikes) was attached to the end of the hilt of this..what appaerared to be some strange machete or a falx. The chain lead back into the darkness of the alleyway and the end of it could not be seen. Leroy's eyes tried to penetrate the darkness but to no avail, he could see nothing.
"Well?" he asked curiously, also sounding slightly impatient.
"Some kind of falx I think, I've never seen one like this before," Cheeri said as she looked up toward the captain. Without warning, the chain suddenly pulled the weapon out of the girl's grasp and cut her fingers and then lashed itself outward in the split second it had come alive and caught around her ankle and cut into it, trying to make her loose her footing and fall. The teen tried to catch herself so she wouldn't hit the ground. Leroy looked startled, preparing his guns to shoot, yet out of seemingly no where but the depths of the dark, enclosed walkway that could very be the gate to the pits of hell itself, a wall of dark flames shot toward them at a remarkably fast rate, they had no where to run to.
“Ah hell !!!!!” Cheeri cried as she finally unlatched the blade from her ankle, her whip wrapping around the metal chain. She saw Leroy hold up his metal arm and the clanking and clicking of metal gears could be roughly heard over the inferno that was about to overtake them. Metal plates on the arm began to move aside and out came from the gap a large metal gun that extended once it had left it’s confinement of it’s steel hold. Without wasting anytime he fired, a large flaming red bullet shooting from the gun’s nozzle and hit the wall of flame directly in the center. What looked like black waves sprouted up from where the flames had been hit and it began to split in two and the waves folded over each other. The fire rushed by either sides of the wall but not the center, the heat almost overwhelming them, the hell wall being affectivly broken apart just in time.

Cheeri had her whip wrap around the chain and pull it towards her, she got a good hold of it so it wouldn’t be able to strike her again. Her captive foot had been release but it had been badly cut and crimson dripped onto the cold, moldy ground.
“Talk bout close....” she muttered, her fellow in company nodding in agreement and sprinting forward first, if another one of those black flames aimed their fury at them again he would be able to break it in half so they could both pass. Cheeri attempted her best to follow quickly, the cut on her ankle painful, causing her to limp, she wasn’t the kind to let someone cut HER ankle and get away with it. The sound of heavy breathing could soon be heard and they both knew they were close...only a few 15 meters or so away. A strong wind picked up and their clothes wrapped around them and back violently, the clouds being forced away from the moon, and as the mist that obscured the moon made it’s retreat, Leroy’s eyes caught the flicker of silver and soon he could make out half of the seen before him. The person sat in a slump on the ground in the musty alleyway, a pistol to her chin and he heard the click of the gun, he could even make out the glistening perspiration on the person's face, their breathing sounding painful in the sharp gasps. His eyes narrowed and he pulled out his pistol and fired, the bullet hitting the other person's gun dead center and knocking it out of their grasp causing it to go spinning onto the stone ground. The captain ran toward the person and passed a shattered syringe on the ground and kneeled down next to the person who was now laying on...her side...yes, it was definitely a girl.

Her eyes were clouded and markings seemed to be growing like contagious vines out from the eye patch she wore over her eye. This was the person they were after, Zenzi of the blade? Or so she was known. He carefully picked her up, wrapping the cloak she was wearing around her, he felt wetness on his hands and soon noticed a large cut going across her stomach and then deeply into her side. His first mate appeared at his side,
“What are ye doing? We have ta turn em` in!” Cheeri exclaimed. Yet the captain shook his head,
“We’re taking her back to the ship,” he said.
“We can’t!!! We have to turn her I----“ she was about to retort but the captain looked down sternly at her, he was only 2-3 years older but he was indeed quite taller.
“I said we’re bringen her back to the ship,” he said coldly. Cheeri grew suddenly silent and then just let out a silent sigh,
“Aye, Capt’m....”

Chapter 2

The room was blurred and her eyes could hardly make out anything, her eye was in searing pain and she felt it pulsate and she let out a soft moan, sweat running down her face in slow creeks. She could make out a dark blur hanging on something and realized that was her cloak, and another blur that was her jacket on the ground. She tried to move but her hands and feet were bound by ropes. Her brown hair was spread out upon the pillow her head was resting on, she had thick red highlights in her hair and black tips. Her breathing was still sharp and it hurt to breathe.
“Ah...so you’re finally awake...” she heard a male voice state. She could feel hands touching her stomach where her wound was. She winced and suddenly realized her black bodes was open but was closed around her chest. Her wrists were bound in front of her but she hardly had the energy to move. Wait hold the phone, her corset (which seemed more like a thick leotard that tied up like a corset in the front, and not as tight ) was open, she was on a bed...and there was a guy....
She screamed....
He screamed.....

Leroy practically fell out of his chair he was sitting on, one second she was perfectly quiet when he was wrapping her injury, the next she was screaming bloody murder and yelling ‘RAPE!!!!’
“W-wait its not what it looks like!!” he yelled, completely caught off guard.
“L-LET ME GO YOU SICK !!!!!!” she shouted raising her hands toward him, black fire gathering around her fingers and then shooting towards the Captain. Leroy dived toward the ground,(the flames singing the very top of the feather on his hat) and the ropes around her hands snapped and she forced herself up and tore the rope away from her ankles with her fangs. She pushed herself out of the bed and landed on all fours, gripping her stomach in pain and coughing up blood.
“You shouldn’t be moving yet, calm down!!!” Leroy shouted out, sounding more like an order than anything. Zenzi didn’t listen and crawled toward the door and staggered to her feet, her breathing becoming harsher. Leroy quickly stood up but Zenzi pushed the door open and stumbled out and tried desperately to run down the hall of the small ship cabin.

Cheeri had just been walking down a small set of stairs that lead down from the deck, humming ‘yo-ho’ calmly. She heard yells come from further down in the cabin and snapped out of her daze, she walking briskly down the stairs and through the hall and collided into the scrambling fugitive. Zenzi flung out a fist blindly and hit Charity in the chest. Cheeri winced slightly but quickly got hold of both of the girl’s wrists and pinned her up against the wall. The girl coughed deeply and blood spewed from her mouth, some of it splattering onto Cheeri’s shirt. Struggling weakly, she continued to cough and eventually her legs gave out beneath her, and if it weren’t for being pinned by the other pirate, she would’ve fallen to the floor in a heap.
“Jeez, Leroy, what did you do to her?” Cheeri asked as she saw her captain walking down the hall.
“I didn’t do anything! She just, I dunno, just freaked out when she woke up!” He attempted to explain, he didn’t want to be accused for this.
“You bastard you were undoing my clo–!” Zenzi was about to shout but her single visible eye widened in pain and she gripped her stomach coughing madly. Cheeri gently lowered the girl to the floor and sighed.
“I was just changing your bandages, just be grateful we didn’t turn you in,” Leroy stated. Zenzi lightly glared at him but then quickly pulled her untied corset together and tied the strings as best as she could and felt around her clothes...
“Where’s my pistol...” she muttered, her eye beginning to throb.
“Did you honestly think we’d let you carry around a pistol?” Leroy said dully.
That bullet wouldn’t be for you........

“Just tell me where my damn gun is!!!!!” she shouted, but then coughed, crimson splattering the ground, the pain in her eye becoming worse with each passing minute.
“Planning to shoot us, eh? We’re not stupid enough to give your pistol back you know,” the captain stated. Cheeri leaned down next to Zenzi and put a hand on her shoulder,
“Don’t worry we’re not planning on turning you in...” she stated reassuringly.
“Get away from me...” Zenzi said coldly, both of her hands gripping the patch over her eye, the last of her medicine had been smashed, if this continued....
Cheeri looked at the girl slightly startled as Zenzi got to her feet and let out a shaky breath, it was getting worse.
“And by any chance are you on drugs?” Leroy asked.
“E-excuse me?” Zenzi asked through a cough, “No I am not..”

Leroy looked at her accusingly as he pulled out a syringe filled with dark liquid,
“Then what would this be?”

“M...my medicine...” Zenzi murmured, but then suddenly felt agony sweep from her eye and she let out a sharp yelp and gripped it.
“I need my medicine or I’ll kill both of you!!” she shouted groping towards him with her right hand.
“Is that a threat?” Leroy questioned, his eyes narrowing.
“No....a warning....please...” she said, swallowing deep gulps of air, her mind beginning to cloud. Cheeri noticed this, along with the teen’s eyes beginning to dilate and the pupil that was not covered becoming a thin slit like a cat’s. The first mate quickly snatched the needle from her captain, not thinking of the consequences and gave it to Zenzi. The fugitive fumbled with it before quickly shoving the needle into the side of her neck, what it contained soon draining out.
“Charity!” he said, his voice sounding more like an order, and it was very rare he call her by her original name.
“I’m sorry captain, but she really did need it..” Cheeri said quickly, helping the girl onto the ground, “and by the way....the feather on your hat is sizzling.”
“Huh?” he said while taking off his hat, “NO!!!! MY WONDERFUL BIG HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” he slightly sobbed, hugging his hat, “I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Zenzi looked at him like he was absolutely crazy
what a mood swing...yeesh......this guy is NUTS

Cheeri tossed him a dull look,
“What happened to your 50 others?”
“Uhhh......well....THIS ONE WAS SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” he retorted still sobbing.
“Only because it was the biggest,” his first mate stated, crossing her arms.
“Maybe...” he said, wiping some tears away.
“Hey....where’d she go?” Leroy asked looking around the hall under the deck, their ‘captur-y’ no where to be seen.
“Ah hell!!!!!” they both said in unison running up the stairs to the deck.

The moon was shining brightly, it was night once more. The outline of Zenzi could easily be seen on the edge of the boat, looking as if she was about to jump over. Cheeri pounced toward her and got hold of the girl’s shoulders and pulled her back.
“You’ll get caught if you go on deck!!! Get back in the cabin!!”
“Let go!!!!!” Zenzi shouted through a cough struggling, Leroy walked over to the pair and stood over them. Blood streamed from Zenzi’s mouth, her wound on her stomach reopening.
“Now lets not hurt our new crew member...” Leroy said with a smirk. Zenzi and Cheeri both stopped trying to restrain and push back each other and both muttering a small..
“huh.....?”
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
Chapter 3

The trio of pirates sat around a low table in small room below deck, Zenzi sat before them and Leroy and Cheeri sat infront of her, it would’ve looked like a buisness meeting of sorts if they were wearing suits. Leroy did a small cough to get everyones’ attention.
“As you know, as captain I can make the decision to...umm.....nominate a new crew member, and Zenzi, sense you appear to be a buccanear and without a crew you are welcome to join ours, but we just want a little information about you first,” he said calmly, the girl simply nodding.
“For starters, were you ever part of a crew before this one?” Cheeri asked. Zenzi’s eyes narrowed and she clenched her fists,
“Yes I was and they...just nevermind..” she said quickly, her voice going quiet.
“And what did you do to end up as you are now? Why did you leave the crew? Did you break the code?” Leroy asked, after all, this was a criminal.
“The captain found out that I had found out he had been stealing from the crew and breaking numerous codes, I was his first mate but....he still had me keelhauled before I could get the word out to the rest of the crew....” She said, her eyes filled with anger and pain, her fists tightening even more and fire leaking through her fingers, “I did nothing.” Leroy and Cheeri stared at her increduously,
“Y....you were keelhauled? How did you survive?! That’s a death sentance!” Cheeri exclaimed.
“Your lieing...no one could survive that,” Leroy stated firmly.
“Well I barely did...so they just marooned me...and that’s...when I gave my soul up to a spirit of one of the seas...by accident of course...I was afraid...I didn’t want to die, so now I’m left with a curse that will consume my soul and eventually....kill me in the worst case I suppose...” Zenzi stated, closing her eye and sighing deeply as she shakely reached up to the collar of her jacket and pulled it away, the pushing her hair away from her neck, a tatoo was able to seen on the side of her neck just above where it connected to her shoulders. It was of a deeply cracked skull with crossbones behind it, and a ling of thorns lining the bottom of it.
“OUR SHIP WAS ATTACKED BY THEM!!!” Cheeri said pointing at the mark, “IT WAS ON THEIR FLAG!!” Leroy blinked and looked closer,
“Aye....wow isn’t that a coincidence,” he said examining it, Cheeri looking at him dully once more,
“Coincidence?” she said her voice flat.
“Wait...you were attacked by them?! Which way did they go?! Did you see the captain?!?!” Zenzi said grabbing hold of Leroy’s colar and lightly shaking him. Leroy got hold of Zenzi’s hands and pulled them away from his shirt,
“No we didn’t, it was at night and we were caught off guard, they almost plundered half of our cargo,” He stated firmly “and we would point you in the right direction but this was nearly a month ago and we haven’t left port sense because of damages.” Zenzi’s ears drooped and she limply sat back down in her chair, her face slighty pale.
“Sorry but, it’d be a miracle for us even to be able to track them,” Cheeri said placing a hand on Zenzi’s shoulder. Zenzi muttered a few curses under her breath, otherwise the room was silent.
“Listen, you can stay with us, after all we have asked you to join our crew,” Cheeri said with a warm grin. Zenzi let out a breath and stood up from her chair, her eyes looking distant,
“Well....I’m just going to bed...” She said before she swiftly turned around and left the room.
“She seems more than just reluctant,” Leroy stated, just beginning to rest his head upon his intertwined fingers.
“Well she probably doesn’t trust us, I mean we almost made her our bounty,” Cheeri stated with a shrug of her shoulders.
“She doesn’t have much of ah choice, she’s thinking if she doesn’t stay with us then we’ll make her our bounty, or so I am guessing anyway,” the captain stated. The 1st mate nodded,
“I suppose, yet it seems that she had a hard time with her first crew too,” the blonde said looking toward the door through which Zenzi had just taken her leave.

I HAVE AN ARTSHOP!
go check it out!
http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=640