View Single Post
CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei Ann View Post
All of it, because a game is a game like Final Fantasy, Or Wipeout. Rping is not a game[in my eyes] So, I'm confused by all the game termage.
Rei Ann: There are different types of rp games. :)

There's text-based, like roleplaying with a friend/friends in chatrooms, forums and instant-messengers. It's storytelling.

Then there's table-top roleplaying, like Dungeons and Dragons, Vampire: The Masquerade, Legend of the Five Rings, Gamma World; etc. (These are the sort that use dice and stats.)

And then there's electronic "roleplaying". This is what MMOs and games like Final Fantasy are. They take the name "rpg" because they're largely based on table-top games.

WTF RPG allows you to discuss any of those types of rpgs and some of the terms apply to more than one type of roleplaying game. :3 If you need any help with the terms, let me know which ones you're confused over. I'd be happy to write up a glossary of terms. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Am situated there now....hmm, looking forward to that locations guide. T'was one of the few things I couldn't figure out to add as I was monkeying around with things.

Hope to have something up for folks to play with in the next few days.
Seridano: does this guide help any?
[Locations and Layouts] - Tips For Your Game World

If it's not something that helps you, let me know and I'll be happy to clarify anywhere you're confused about!

I'm looking forward to more people joining and playing too. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
Hmmm having to sign up for a different forum seems to take all the mene out of it.... Also I'm assuming you don't get any mene gold for posting there yes?

This is similar to what rp'ers were already doing, taking the steamy bits elsewhere, no offense I don't see it as a fix at all.

It would be nice to have a place to stick personal character profiles. Maybe where there is less gold for pics or something since people tend to have a lot of them in the rp section.
Silverbeam: As Insomniac says in his first post, WTF RPG and Menewsha are "cousin" sites. Distant cousins. Essentially, WTF uses some of the same features and staff as Menewsha, but they're not sister-sites. You can't use currency from Menewsha here and WTF doesn't earn currency.

Many players are looking to play something steamy and either don't want to move from one site to the other, or don't want to have to save a copy of it in emails or text files so they can have a record of what they played. WTF RPG gives them that venue to play steamy stuff as well as gives them new features that aren't available elsewhere.

Some of the features of WTF RPG may come over here to Menewsha. But we need people to try out WTF RPG and let us know what is wanted over here. Menewsha really isn't the venue for all of these features that are on WTF, though.

I hope that helps. :)