View Single Post
geishaberry
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-22-2008, 06:07 PM

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but The Lone Penis's unbelievable rudeness pushed my buttons. Just what was the point of this thread if the dev team realizes that what male users want is "stuff that looks like video games." That's pretty obvious. Of course there are copyright work arounds, which is why I didn't make any suggestions; I figured the staff didn't need anyone saying "Make Kratos's god of war face tattoo and scar, and also blue overalls, a red shirt, matching red cap and moustache so I can be mario."

It's pretty clear that if you want to appeal to male users, all you need to do is put out items that look like the stuff in currently popular video games and then throw some guns on them. In case you aren't a gamer, here is a list of examples: the Gears of War crew, Master Chief, The Classes of Team Fortress 2, Gordon Freeman, Kratos, Bioshock's Big Daddies, the Call of Duty series is incredibly popular and all it is is period (generally WWII) military uniforms, and while Final Fantasy is rapidly losing popularity Cloud, Sephiroth and Squall are all still relatively safe to model items after.