View Single Post
Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Alai had moved his seat just a little closer to Noah's, the movement had been slight, but deliberate, it had also been gentle and quiet. Most likely the movement itself would go unnoticed, but there was no denying it. Alai was sitting a little closer to Noah, and he was still holding the other boy's hand. Gently but firmly. Of course when Sunny spoke, Alai turned his smile and attention to her, and when Noah spoke, that smile and attention moved to him. Alai listened to everything they both said, nodding a bit here and there to let them know he was paying attention. "The older you grow, the stronger your abilities will become." He glanced at Sunny when he spoke, making sure he included her as well since she was part of the conversation and it would be rude if he started to ignore her now. Especially since they were all getting along so well.

"It's good that you had your Oracle to go to for guidance. I can't imagine how hard it must have been on you, dealing with these gifts, nor can I imagine how much harder it would have been on you if you hadn't found each other or your Oracle. But you know, there's nothing wrong with being different, especially when you've been kissed by the gods. The power of a Seer is a special thing, a special gift. Even if it is hard to deal with sometimes." He glanced from one to the other. "Believe in yourselves and in each other, always."

Kry shook his head lightly when Nara apologized to him, she had done it so formally but still, he felt as if he was the one that should apologize to her. He lowered his head slightly and reached out to brush his fingers gently across the back of her wrist. "I fear it is I who should beg your forgiveness. I meant no offense to you when I asked such a thoughtless question in your presence. I had not meant to be so rude." He pressed his hand against his heart for a moment and looked at her with his eyes filled to the brim with sincerity. "I humbly ask for your forgiveness. If ever I do anything to offend you again, please let me know at once so I may do my best to clarify any misunderstandings we may have." He bowed slightly as he said that last sentence.