View Single Post
HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 08:55 PM

I mean, I guess I'm just of differing opinion because of the kind of life I've had? There's actually a lot of pressure for people who can't afford to live in a nice house to do so anyway. There's a lot of pressure to give kids lots of nice things and such. And I mean, I think it's great for kids whose parents CAN afford to do that and to live in a nice house. Personally, I'd have taken a small apartment, and fewer "things" over what we currently have. But it is what it is, I guess.

But I do agree that children, at the very least in the earlier years, do need stability. At least in one way or another. At least stability in familial support if nothing else is possible.

I can't even imagine having a kid as young as some people do. My parents were pretty average age, so I guess it doesn't affect me like it does to you. I just...have a difficult time working around how they even DO it. But I've also been friends with some wonderful young mothers who are probably mainly able to do it because they come from a large supportive family or something. I sure as hell know that if I came home pregnant -- well, first off I think my mom would just die of laughter because I'm probably the last person in the world you'd expect to get pregnant -- but IF that somehow happened through divine power or something, my mom would tell me to take of that child myself. Which would be absolutely impossible unless I dropped out of school, worked excessive hours (which is already terrible for having a child) and lived in a tiny apartment without any extra amenities not provided by the apartment complex in the rent.

But I mean, I pretty much am still a kid in a lot of ways. I still tell people I'm 5, much to my mother's unsurprised dissatisfaction.