View Single Post
Smores
(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM

I think that limiting a role play to any kind of pairing is ignorant.
Plain and simple.

I am gay, and have I joined any role plays that are strictly for gay pairings only? No. And I never will.
Have I joined any with just straight pairings? No. And I never will.

The entire point of being in a role play is to play a character. If I want my character to have two heads and be A-Sexual. Guess what? They will. And that is my character.
When designing a character I do not want limitations like, "Your character MUST be straight/Gay" or "Your character MUST/MUST NOT have some kind of romantic relationship." I come to the role playing section to role play.
And that is that.

I want to play a character in MY head, NOT in your head. If I find that my character should be an androgynous male with parental issues and the inability to get close to anyone without being physically violent because that is all they know. So be it.

I strongly dislike any role play that limits my creativity. I feel that it is the complete opposite as to what a role play is suppose to be. Creative & Fun.

I also hate when real world politics and views get in the way, or someone in the group is against your character for what is either skin colour, ethnicity, sexuality, religion....etc.
And demands you leave or they will leave. (I have had this happen here.)

I feel like if you can not role play openly with NO prejudice.
Don't role play at all.

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 04:00 PM ----------

Oh, I want to clear up a possible misconception.

If my character is gay, and yours is straight and mine is in love with yours for whatever reason. And one day works up the courage to go up to you, I am not forcing my sexuality on you. Rejection is a part of life. Just be like, "Sorry, Not Gay" And move on.

I mean. Don't be an ass about it and start throwing out extremely homophobic things. But if your character is homophobic then yeah - sure. Freak out and run away and claim my character is a psycho who is obsessed with you and worships you in a shrine in their closet.

It is your character. Just be respectful to the possibility that when your characters are interacting with others - there is a possibility that SOMEONE is similar to that character be it skin colour, sexuality, religion....etc.

Does everyone get what I mean? :sweat:

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 04:00 PM ----------

Also if you want to do a role play.
Smores likes role plays. :ninja:
Groups preferred. :sweat: