Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-22-2014, 05:40 AM

Bonus Round Responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Question One All of them.
Question Two Yes, but we haven't submitted yet.
Question Three: Round 2 and round 3
Question Four: Definitely! I had fun coming up with new avis. It kept me on my toes. Make it better... I think the format was perfect, to be honest.
Question Five: Best avi contest I've ever participated in. By far. The themes were epic. And the fact that we could choose out of two themes per round seemed really fair. It was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Username: Nephila
Question One All of them! I LOVE having a specific thing to shoot for and still a little wiggle room with what items/colors to work in. I find purely color based contests "meh" not really boring per say just we always have them and people always mess up on the colors. It's strange.
Question Two YES! At this point we're just getting our background sorted out. :)
Question Three: This is a hard one! The avatars I'm most happy with are for Milos and Dianae. :)
Question Four: The every two days thing was a challenge and a bit tricky to work around however I found it refreshing and fun in the long run. Even if this isn't planned for the next event I would love to see it in future ones. :D
Question Five: I'll probably come back to the island themes you gave in future avatars. They're such cute suggestions I just have to try to do all of them. XD Great job on this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Username: Elirona
Question One I participated in all of them!
Question Two I am participating in the group contest! I believe the head of my group is still looking for some people to wrap things up, though. :(
Question Three: I liked the Navarro and Gwydion the best! I just really like the avatars I managed to come up with. Is that conceited?
Question Four: I really enjoyed having new challenges! I would suggest on being more clear on when the rounds would roll over. I also thought it wasn't clear on how long we could participate in a certain round.
Question Five: I had lots of fun exploring and learning about the islands, basically becoming a citizen of each one! It was a very creative idea for an avatar contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
Username: Dystopia
Question One Every round.
Question Two Yes, but we have not yet submit our entry.
Question Three: I don't have a particular favorite.
Question Four: It was stressful to make a new avatar every other day. A part of me regrets participating, but I really want the first place prize. And I was too invested to stop.
Question Five: I really enjoyed learning about the different islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Question One
Every one
Question Two
Yes I did
Question Three:
I love all themes avi contests are kinda my addiction ^.^
Question Four: It was ok kept my closet very occupied
Question Five:
NEVER STOP THE THEME CONTEST AT EVENTS ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Username: zigbigadorlube
Question One All of them!
Question Two No but I might if there's still time...
Question Three: I would say the last round was the most fun. I loved making my Tapio avi and the wildcard option was a great idea.
Question Four: It was super fun! I'm glad that you gave a few days to do each round though. I'm not sure that there's anything I would do to make it better, seems good as is!
Question Five: I had a lot of fun with this one. I loved that I really got to get to know some of the islands and cultures better through it. When I look back at the avis I made it will always remind me of what I learned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Username: ~LONGCAT~
Question One two, hopefully three. (if I get my act together and remember to do it! XD )
Question Two Yes, but I'm not sure if we've submitted yet.
Question Three: they were all really fun and really brought out a creative side of people.
Question Four: It was nice! Kept me changing my avi when I would have otherwise settled on something and been pleased with the status quo.
Question Five: I have just over 5 pages of white items now. That has nothing to do with the contest aside from the fact that I kept to my whites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Aamelia View Post
Username: Captain Aamelia
Question Two No and never do. I guess I'm not a group person?
Question Three: Again all of them! It's hard to pick a favorite and I'm happy with all my entries ^^
Question Four: It worked and I loved the challange of getting them in on time and get 3p It was a nice change from previous contests!
Question Five: Loved it! As said it was a nice change from previous contests. I was getting relly tired of the set colors schemes, even under themes (like; do a christmas avi but you have to use these colors) and this was the first time on a long time I even bothered to enter. I've had so much fun with this and I hope we get more similar and variating challenges in the future!
Thank you <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearKisses View Post
Username: [GummyBearKisses]
Question One [response]All days
Question Two [response]If my group finds time to be online =(
Question Three: [response] Ninjas
Question Four: [response] I liked the surprise of each and every theme diversity
Question Five: [response] I liked that we learned of all the lands=)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Username:shadami
Question One all but the current one cause i'm deciding wild card or the other.
Question Two i haven't found a group yet.
Question Three: that's a toughie. i guess the first round cause isle of easter was fun :3
Question Four: I missed the rounds like this! The first winter event i was in/ the one on the train was like that and its awesome!!
Question Five: I love you <3 :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
Username: KatMagenta
Question One I participated in all of the rounds, although my first entry was late.
Question Two I am in a group for that contest.
Question Three: The second round was the hardest for me to choose between the islands, but otherwise I would say I enjoyed them all about equally.
Question Four: I liked the format, it's been nice to change my avatar so often during an event rather than sticking to one or two for the full length. The time limit is generous enough to let you make an avatar you're happy with but short enough to stop too much dithering.
Question Five: It's been fun to learn more about the backgrounds of the other islands and their peoples.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmme View Post
Username: Esmme
Question One Every. Single. One. ;) 5, going on 6 with a group entry in a few minutes!
Question Two I will be submitting our entry as soon as I'm through helping the last couple group members dress. *clears throat* Sometimes they need a little help with the zippers. And the buttons. And the strings. *sighs happily* But that's what a coordinator is for!
Question Three: My favorites .... Gwydion and Cacao, so both rounds 1 and 2. :)
Question Four: I loved the "one entry every few days" format. It worked well since I wasn't able to be online every day, and let me think about my entries before submitting them. What would make it better, you ask? Hm. I think you covered everything one could ask for from an avatar contest!
Question Five: I would like to say that the islands that were created (be it by Mene creators, or fans) were fantastic. There was such creativity in both the cultures, the races, and the avatars submitted. I enjoyed reading them all, and look forward to future clarification on each island's unique flare. Thank you for all your hard work keeping up with the contest, and for doing the research and making this happen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Username: Kent
Question One All five rounds~
Question Two No. I'd like to, but I haven't gone around looking for a group yet. I'll see if I can join a group before the event ends~ >:3
Question Three: I think I like the second and fourth ones the most. X3 I liked seeing the entries for Gwydion and Dainae. And I had a fun time making the Merkhet avi~
Question Four: It totally worked for me. I like changing my avi every few days. It was a challenge but it was fun! I think four days for each challenge is perfect.
Question Five: I had a great time making avis. It's a nice change from contests that last the whole event. It made me spend a lot of gold on new commons, just like Project Mene. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
Username: shinigamikarasu
Question One I participated in all of them.
Question Two Not this time.
Question Three: I really like my entires for Merkhet and Tapio.
Question Four: I thought it was great. I liked the format a lot. There was a lot of variety and I was always excited to see the next islands. My biggest challenge was choosing which one I wanted to use!
Question Five: I loved learning about all of the islands! I can't wait to see more about them in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Username: star2000shadow
Question One all of them.
Question TwoNo, im not much of a group person.
Question Three: Contest two.. and the final contest.. i like the avi i came up with for the wildcard.
Question Four: it worked GREAT for me. allowed me to focus on one avi at a tim einstead of submitting them all at once...
Question Five: Can we do them again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Username: Chexala
Question One All the rounds!
Question Two I did not do a group entry. Nothing against them, I've just never done it before. I think I'd like to do a group entry in the future though.
Question Three: Gwydion and Vile were my favorite, since those are my favorite islands. I was excited about all the rounds though, because I loved learning about all the islands. I had a lot of fun making my entry for Navarro—the aesthetic for that island wasn't my favorite so it was a fun exercise to come up with an avatar I liked that fit all the rules. (Plus, I did a Milos cosplay for Halloween and didn't want to do that again. XD )
Question Four: The new format was a fun challenge. It kept me more alert and engaged than usual. Personally, I would have left all the rounds open for the duration of the event, with the lowered points, instead of closing them. So, extra points for getting your entries in early, but open time for everyone to participate. Overall, I liked this new format. I don't think this format would work for the shorter events we have, but I would be happy to see it again in a future long event.
Question Five: I really enjoyed having multiple round with different themes, because it stretched my avatar making skillz. Only thing I'm bummed about is that we didn't have time to visit all the islands! (We only missed a few, by my notes: Amorus, Duval, and Jao Koh. Maybe we'll hear more from them in a future event. *winkwink*)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
Username: bloodstainedwings
Question One all of them!!!
Question Two yup!
Question Three: the ninja one!
Question Four: i love it! i thought it was a lot more challenging, driven, creative and interesting. it really pushed the limits and expanded upon free choice and timing.
Question Five: i seriously wish we could use the dac.... its hard when you dont own every item ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimzica View Post
Username: Whimzica
Question Two No, I'm usually not a group person.
Question Three: Merkhet & Tapio, although I really liked them all. It really gave us some great inside looks into all the islands' history and culture.
Question Four: Yes! Gave a good amount of time to design, especially if we couldnt be on one day, we didnt miss the deadline.
Question Five: I wish we coulda done entries for all islands, not just 1/2 in each round (maybe just 1 point for a second entry in the round?). :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
Username: fireprincess
Question One All of them
Question Two yes :)
Question Three: Milos was definitely my favorite! I also liked Gwydion
Question Four: I loved it! There was a theme for everyone this time
Question Five: I really loved that there was something for everyone. It was also a refreshing change that it wasn't a color based contest. I enjoyed learning about the different islands!