View Single Post
Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 AM

CHAPTER 18 (PART - A)

Tintin collapsed in Haddock’s arms from exhaustion on the way to the car and that was all he remembered. Working the field was hard on his back and arms and the emotional exhaustion took its toll. Chester and Haddock drank into the night with Mary Ann, Bob, Nathan, and Alyssa. Snowy was glad to see Tintin back in one piece. Cocoa was just glad to see everyone happy. Enzo had already gone to bed. It was almost a bittersweet night as none of them knew when they would see each other again. It began to sink in this may be their last night together for a long time. They talked more about the past than what had just happened. Nathan of course bragged about his skills with his slingshot some which Chester and Haddock praised him greatly for. Alyssa couldn’t help though to feel bad for Lucille and Benton. The late evening was short lived as one by one they each began making their way back to bed as if trying to delay the next dawn.

The next day came before they knew it. Tintin woke up feeling much better than yesterday but his limbs were still a little sore yet he was ready for the day. Again, Haddock was already up and downstairs enjoying some time with his old friend. Chester and Haddock were busy carrying on about days gone by again. It seemed they had an endless wealth of stories which Tintin knew he only had heard barely half of Haddock and Chester's adventures at sea. Tintin seemed a little perplexed at first then realized that they were leaving later that day. He woke up in the comfortable room just looking around thinking how much he was going to miss this place, despite the fact he was ready to get back to the comfort of Marlinspike Hall. Snowy and Cocoa jumped on the bed licking him.

“Hey you two!” Tintin laughed.
“Come on Tintin everyone is waiting for you!” Snowy barked.
“…and there’s food” Cocoa barked.
“Fine you two, just let me change” he smiled. The captain had put a long night shirt on him and neatly folded his black trousers and red sweater over the daybed.

Tintin rummaged through his suitcase but could not find anything else decent to wear. He didn’t want to wear that red sweater thinking maybe that may have been what jinxed his meeting with his brother yesterday. He still felt down about the whole affair and he knew he would for a while; however, Tintin was more determined to start digging up information on his side. It was then Tintin decided someone he was going to go pay a visit to as soon as he returned home.

“Come on Tintin!” Snowy barked as Tintin was slowly putting his clothes back on.
“Give him time Snowy!” Cocoa barked.
“You ready to go to your new home Cocoa?” Tintin smiled and pet Cocoa on the head.
“It’s a lot bigger than here even” Snowy told Cocoa.
“Wow! It must be really big!” Cocoa was impressed.
Tintin led them downstairs wearing the red sweater again.

“Good morning landlubber!” a friendly gruff voice greeted.
“Good morning captain!” Tintin smiled joining them at the table. Mary Ann had fixed a full English breakfast. Everyone was already up eating but stopped to acknowledge Tintin as he entered the room.
“How are you feeling lad?” Mary Ann asked.
“I’m still a little sore, but fine otherwise” Tintin said stretching before he took a seat.
“You really gave us a scare last night” Chester reminded.
“How did you get mixed up with the likes of those?” Mary Ann asked curiously.
“I saw their car crash, so I wanted to help naturally. They realized who I was before I recognized them” Tintin explained.
“Yea, I thought they looked familiar” Alyssa commented. “They nearly plowed right into us on the way to Benton’s…Nathan and dad wanted to wish you a safe trip home” she added.

“You tell them I said thank you for everything too” Tintin nodded helping his self to a little bit of everything set on the table.
“So when are we leaving?” Tintin asked.
“Shortly after we eat” Haddock nodded sadly.
“Yes, I’m going to lend you the Shooting Star” Chester smiled.
“But…” Tintin gasped.

“I got the Sirius to come back and pick up a shipment and the rest of my crew in Antwerp; besides, the two of you will be doing me a favor by docking it back there” Chester informed. “Think you can handle it?” he winked.

“Of course, I got one of the best captains by my side to help me” Tintin smiled.
“Don’t you mean help ME landlubber?” Haddock said jocularly. Everyone at the table began to laugh.
“Enzo, you look a little sad” Mary Ann said noticing the shy boy.
“I always enjoy visiting here, it’s so refreshing to my soul” he replied poetically.
Everyone regarded him curiously, “He’s a poet and didn’t know it!” Chester winked.
Another chorus of laughter erupted.
“So now it’s time for King Archibald and Prince Fenton to return back to their palace” Alyssa commented.
“Me? A king? Don’t be ridiculous, I wouldn’t know the first thing about being a king…well I would be fair to all of my subjects” Haddock said giving it a quick passing thought.
“I feel like a prince already… but yes being fair and just to one’s subjects is crucial” Tintin agreed.
“Would you want to be King of England?” Mary Ann jokingly asked Tintin.
“I don’t know if I could handle the pressures of royal life…I never gave it much thought really” Tintin said honestly.
“Speaking Fenton…” Haddock remembered something important and everyone became quiet.
“Ms. Lucille Hadley wanted me to give this to you…” he said taking a silver locket out of his pocket on a long silver chain. Tintin reached over the table and took it in his hand. “She said Benton wanted you to have it” he finished.
“Pierre L. that is or was my father’s name” Tintin replied.
“You do bear some resemblances to him lad” Haddock admitted.
“Well, I’ve already decided, I will find out what happened to my parents and why they disappeared” Tintin declared.
“Here we go again…” Haddock said taking out his pipe lighting it.
“Do you have anything to go on?” Mary Ann asked curiously.
“Well, nothing but memories and faded dreams…but I have been having strange dreams as of late…” Tintin shrugged.
“You got a lot of work to do” Chester nodded.
“I know…” Tintin sighed.
“Well I’m going to prepare a farewell basket for you blokes so you don’t starve to death on your journey back across the water” Mary Ann said collecting various food such as scones and biscuits.
“When are we leaving captain?” Enzo asked Chester.
“As soon as we take them down to the harbor and see them off, then we are taking a train up into Scotland. Make sure you have everything packed lad” Chester answered.
“Yes captain!” Enzo said running back upstairs.
Everyone got up and began clearing the table.
“Yea Tintin make sure you don’t forget anything… and I packed most of your stuff last night. Check and make sure I didn’t miss anything” Haddock reminded him.
“Yes” Tintin followed Enzo upstairs.
“If only Tintin could be as docile as Enzo” Haddock whispered to Chester once Tintin disappeared upstairs jokingly.
“Aye Haddock…careful, that’s what’ll get you in trouble now!” Chester laughed playfully shoving Haddock.

Tintin packed everything but the nasty sailor pants and grey tank top in the suitcase. Then he took one last look in the room thinking again how much he was going to miss this place even though he had only been here a few days.
Tintin walked down the hall as he saw Enzo closing his suitcase seemingly thinking the same thing most likely.
“Enzo!” Tintin called out to him from the hall.
“Yes Fenton” Enzo smiled coming out with his suitcase. Enzo looked different somehow Tintin thought. His hair was combed to the side and he looked a bit smaller and not as stocky.

“Remember that question you asked me a couple days ago?” Tintin reminded.
Enzo stood thinking for a moment, “Which one?”
“About the first ship mate?” Tintin reminded.
“Oh yes! What about it?” Enzo asked smiling.
“Yes, I am… how about you?” Tintin asked somewhat curious himself.
“He tells me sometimes that’s what I am” Enzo shrugged.
Tintin and Enzo looked at each other for a moment and both began laughing.
“I’ll meet you downstairs” Tintin said taking one more final look into his room as Enzo returned downstairs. “I don’t know what it is about this place!” Tintin said closing the squeaky door Haddock vowed to oil.

Tintin walked down the upstairs hallway towards the mirror outlined in gold painted swirled wood. He focused on his reflection as he walked closer to it until he finally reached out touching the surface of the mirror with his fingertips.
“Somehow brother, things will be made right between us…” Tintin promised his self. “For now… we go our separate ways once again” he finished letting go of the mirror walking downstairs.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 01-08-2013 at 11:24 PM..