View Single Post
Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in exchange for your immortal soul.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:26 AM

Dorian's golden gaze shifted as if uncomfortably along the lines of the wooden floor standing between them, what little of it there was, fixated as if to prevent himself from further embarrassment in this situation. Yet, how could he maintain the lack of eye contact with the sweet words escaping Akio's lips? Drawn like a bee to honey, his eyes swept up at Akio's mention of forgiveness. "You have forgiven me?" He repeated, not questioning the truth in it, but more so uttering it in surprise. Shock, rather. The light of the situation seemed to all hit him at once. Dorian had toyed with this man, fallen for him, then tried to manipulate him nevertheless... Whether for Akio's sake or not, it was a disgusting truth that Dorian suddenly met himself with. It was a truth that weighed heavy with the weight of his father's crested ring that still remained in his pocket-- the ring he'd given to Akio as a sign of their love and partnership, and then turned around to corrupt its meaning to try making a case in court. His renewed human heart weighed heavy indeed.

Grasping lightly at the shirt fabric remaining near his heart, Dorian spent a quiet moment unable to pry his eyes from Akio as they took a bit of a distant turn. Yet, his lips formed a light grin. "My apologies. I should allow you time to change." He explained calmly, nodding his head as a warmth relit his features. Dorian may believe himself undeserving of forgiveness, and this love, but that did not mean he'd sit back and continue to be undeserving. It was time to change. He had been changing quite a bit, after all, thanks to Akio. Quietly and calmly, Dorian moved to leave the small bedroom, closing the door gently behind him as he then changed in the small shop himself. After pulling the fabric of a fresh shirt over his head, the last piece to switch over was his father's ring. Taking the weighted metal piece from his pocket and eyeing it from it's place in his palm, Dorian tendered his bottom lip thoughtfully as his mind swirled over the possibilities of the future.

It was quite evident that he may be unable to escape the problems he'd just catalyzed, he realized. They may claim his life. The life he'd once lost to an execution to be claimed again only after he'd found a love a second time... The thought drew a sigh of sorts from him as he sat with a slight slump upon a lonely piano bench. Perhaps, there could be more to this. If there was ever some sort of justice in the world, some higher power, Dorian silently prayed in that second that he be allowed the proper chance with this love above all else.