View Single Post
4nj3L
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2009, 08:57 PM

1. I've used a variety of programs. Most of the Adobe programs, a little bit of Flash, 2 Corel programs that I can't remember the names of, Gimp, Inkscape (kind of like Adobe Illustrator), Open Canvas, and SAI.
  2. Adobe's Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are profession program and are more well known and have more tutorials and add-on that can be found printed or on the web that you really can't go wrong. =3 They'll service to what you need for the most part, but they're expensive. Skipping flash and Corel (since I barely remember them) Gimp is decent for CG and it's free, but it doesn't function with tablets, so that's my only pet peeve as my current favourite piece was done in it. Inkscape is a lot like Illustrator, but free and a pain as sometimes when trying to save in a readable file type your text and images don't come out right. It works if you need it. I haven't play much with Open Canvas, but SAI I'm starting to like. I'm still adjusting to the brush setting and my only annoyance is it sees my mouse as my pen when it's on my tablet, and only doesn't when I switch what program I'm looking at.
  3. I haven't tried 'traditional' on any program, but my traditional painting style tends to bleed in my my CG now a days. I don't do pixel, but I think I had a program for that once. :? Up until this point I've CG in Photoshop, though I might switch to SAI.
  4. Ummm tips? Well in Photoshop, I layer each section that I CG. I usually use only one colour for the each (example one for hair, skins, eyes) and just change the brush setting to multiply to darken and screen for highlight, and lower the opacity from a range of 10-60% depending. I use the line art as a guideline, not the final decision. A lot of the time I let the colours and shadows define my piece.