View Single Post
CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 AM

Day Three

Blade woke up the next day, finding he was grinding his teeth already. It already promised to be a terrible one. He groaned and rolled over.

"Oh, you're awake!" CeeKay said, poking her nose into the tent. "For the record, you're allergic to poison ivy. But the good news is that my charm for purification works on allergic reactions too."

"Oh, well thank you very much. I didn't know that," Blade mumbled.

"Well then - other things that you should know are poisonous: mushrooms, snakes -" Before Blade could snap that she didn't have to recite a list of everything in the world that is poisonous, a peal of thunder distracted them both.

"Do your tents repel water?" Blade asked.

"Uhm... No, I don't think so."

"Then we should get going."

They broke camp quickly and went looking for a place to shelter from the rain. It wasn't long before they came across a place that looked promising: a tall waterfall poured over a cliffside into a pool of water that (at least at first) looked like a pond. But further examination proved that the cliffside was riddled with holes and the suggestion of caves, so it was more likely that an underground river drained the pool of water.

"Let's go!" CeeKay said brightly. And took a step towards the cliffside. The ledge she was standing on collapsed under her feet, sending her tumbling into the pool of water with a strangled shriek. She surfaced quickly, though, the skirt of her costume ballooning out around her.

"Are you okay?" Blade asked, dashing down to the side of the pool to offer her his hand.

"Yeah - it just scared me a little, is all. But help me find my basket, will you?" She swam to the edge of the pool and was helped out.

"I see it - it's up on that ledge over there," he said, pointing once she was firmly on the ground. "How did that get up there? It's going to be difficult to reach..."

"I'm so sorry!" she said, wringing her costume as dry as was possible. "It sort of has a spell on it."

"Of course it does," Blade said with resignation. "Well, I suppose I'll climb up and get it." He then proceeded to do so, managing to get the basket and hook it to his belt fairly easily. But from this position he could see the inside of a cave. "I don't think we want to stay here tonight," he said.

"Why?"

"These aren't caves - they're catacombs."

"Oh, well, I have a magic ball of yarn, so it's not like we'll get lost!"

"That's not the problem. I just don't feel co-" and this time it was Blade who fell into the pool of water when the brittle ledge broke. He surfaced, annoyed to note a big bubble of magic around the basket which presumably was protecting it from getting wet. "I wonder what will happen if I poke this," he muttered as he swam to the edge of the pool.

"I wish you wouldn't do that," CeeKay started.

But it was too late - Blade poked it and there was a small explosion. "....Get that thing away from me!" he growled, taking it off his belt and offering it to CeeKay first before climbing out.

"Oh, look," CeeKay said, completely distracted. "It made the feather turn to gold!"

Blade took the now golden feather out from behind his ear to look at it. "Huh." He put it back and dripped for a moment before he said. "I guess it's not actually going to rain. Let's set up those tents again."

They dried off by a fire before falling into an early, exhausted sleep.