View Single Post
Artifex
less than three

Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 PM

"Oh good!" Artifex sighed in relief, getting up from the table as she polished off her orange juice. "I'll make it quick, thanks Billy!" She was about to run out but first she stopped and turned back to Takumi, "Oh, and thank you again for helping me out. Sorry about the spill-you still have some in your hair" she pointed but this time refrained from going to touch him. She also spoke more clearly and a little bit slower so he wouldn't have as hard of a time keeping up with her English.

The only other language she knew some of was french-Quebecois French to be precise so even if someone else around here spoke french, the likelihood of their dialects matching up were rather slim. That's just the breaks of growing up in Ontario though, with Quebec next door the school board makes Quebecois French mandatory up until grade nine. It made sense, being Canada's second language and all but if you tried to use it anywhere in Europe people looked at you like second-rate trash. A good portion of France speaking Frenchies didn't even view that dialect as the same language. It was rather insulting actually.

Anyway, with that said Artifex skipped out of the hall with haste, she didn't want to miss out on too much so she ran towards her cabin to change.

~Well then, that went rather swimmingly didn't it?~ the commentary in her head was starting up again.

"If you can call falling flat on your back 'swimmingly', then yeah, sure" Artifex mumbled back to herself. Now that no one else was around, she didn't mind replying to it. For some reason her thoughts seemed to take on a life of their own sometimes.

~I was referring to you 'swimming' in food~

"Hilarious" she rolled her eyes, coming up to the cabin and pausing to catch her breath. The air was warm and sweet smelling from the bounteous amount of greenery. A few deep gulps of air made her smile peacefully before heading inside. Already starting up a pile of laundry as she discarded the food-ridden material from her body, she picked out something simple and cool. A pair of jean capris and a light blue tank top, though after finding a piece of fruit in her bra, she had to take the time and switch that out to.

~Maybe you should have brought more clothes?~

"I like to pack light" Artifex argued with herself. She hated being one of those girls with five bags, a purse, and two carry-on's. It was ridiculous, all she needed for a month was one dufflebag and the ability to wash her clothes once a week-in the lake if need be.

~I hate to break it to you, but if this keeps up you're going to need to do laundry more than once a week.~

"Oh shut up" she rolled her eyes and then let out a satisfied breath as she ran her fingers through her orange-red hair to make sure there was no food still caught in it. All set at last she stepped out of the cabin, took another deep breath of the clear air and took off down the trail to find the others again.