View Single Post
Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-25-2018, 01:39 AM

Jensen, in strange surroundings, jerked away at the sound of the door. He was on instant alert, mocha eyes scanning his surrounds and the intruder but he relaxed when he saw Ian and his son, remembering where he was. Jensen shoved a big hand through his ebony waves which had fallen loose from their ponytail at some point. He stood and grinned awkwardly at Ian; he wasn't used to being in someone's house unless he was interviewing them or taking out some bad for them. This was new territory, but his eyes lit up when he saw the little blond haired head poking out from behind Ian.

He stood and started towards Ian, but halfway there he realized how terrifying he must look to the kid. Towering at 6'4" and as broad chested as a brick wall, with a black beard in need of a trim and wild black hair he was a frightening sight to be sure. He dropped to a knee, trying to make himself as small and down on the kid's level as possible. "Hey little man," he greeted, his voice a soft rumble. "I bet I look pretty scary, but I promise I'm not anywhere as scary as I look."

He kept his body language loose and friendly, his eyes meeting the boy's but staying gentle and friendly, as he talked to the boy. Jensen had always wished for a younger sibling and now as he got older, a kid of his own. He had always loved kids but they didn't go with the life he lived and no woman stuck around when she learned what he did or that the monsters under your bed did indeed exist. "But I won't take offense either, if you want to keep hiding back there."